Community Forums 

Main Content

Premium account & setting up the UPS shipping calculator

Apr 13 2010 22:02:51

S4Patrick

Hello....

I'm currently trying to setup the Advanced Shipping Calculator within Mal's using my UPS account. I have been able to Test my UPS Account and receive the message:

"The UPS connection is working correctly!"

From there I have a couple of questions/ requests:

1) Could someone post up a sample of what their "add to cart" code looks like with the weight in it? (I'd like to see an example of code with items based on lbs ; 2 lbs, 4.5 lbs...etc. does the weight have to be in rounded forms? i.e 1-2-3-4-5 lbs. NOT 1.5lbs?)

2) Can someone explain/ clarify in the "Shipping Zones" section how and what to do with the 1st option which is: "Shipping is free for orders over:0.00"

I only offer free UPS Ground shipping for orders over $375.00, any below that, the customer will have to pay for, or they will have to pay for the upgraded shipping service, such as Next Day Air. I cannot seem to remove this option from Next Day Air, 2nd Day Air or 3-Day shipping options.

Does anyone have any experiences they can share with me with setting the UPS shipping calculator up?

Thanks to all...

Best regards,

Patrick

Apr 14 2010 06:52:45

Alan

1. Weights (units) can be expressed in decimals. 1.5, 2.08, etc..

2. Shipping is free over - only applies if you change the value from 0. So only put in your value for UPS Ground.

Alan
    Some shipping help documents are available at www.stoner.org.uk/mals/