Community Forums 

Main Content

Required Fields - Payment Options

Apr 21 2010 21:37:21

Nigel B

I have 3 free sites (among others) and have noticed that in one of them (the iframe one) one of the required fields in the payment options page is "Card statement address" ??
    My other sites do not ask for this.

It is not an option to turn off in the required fields page?
    It is also not an option to turn off in the secure page options ?

Any ideas?

Apr 21 2010 23:30:53

Neil

Could be a payment processor requirement and nothing to do with Mals, but without seeing the site or its cart we'd only be guessing.

Apr 22 2010 00:38:51

Nigel B

Thanks for your reply, any help appreciated.

www.thejewellerybox.co.nz

Apr 22 2010 00:48:56

Neil

Only two payment options I found were these:

Payment by Credit card
    Payment by PayPal

Sorry, I'm not sure what the problem is. Can you explain in more detail please?

Apr 22 2010 01:01:02

Neil

I've realised that you may be talking about the Card Details page rather than Payments Options. The details there, if you are processing your own card payments, will ask for the address associated with the customer's credit card address or statement address, but I have never seen it as a Payment Option.

In Australia at least, you need to make sure you have the customers correct address associated with the credit card, which is why the cart has that option for them to change if it is a different address.

Apr 22 2010 02:58:58

Nigel B

Sorry Neil, yes I refer to the card details page.
    After you have selected credit card it asks for the card statement address? (as well as card details etc)

None of my other sites do this. I dont need this to be done as I can perforn my own checks.

Is it normal?

Apr 22 2010 14:35:18

Neil

It used to do it on my ww5 cart when I accepted credit cards for manual process. I only use PayPal now, as the bank fees for a merchant account are just ridiculous these days. :)

So yes, I think it's normal now.