Community Forums 

Main Content

For Authorize.Net users

Apr 28 2010 19:46:22

David H

Hi, I have one premium cart and use Authorize.net. I am contemplating setting up a second website for similar products but different enough so I want them separated.

I assume I must set up a second cart account. Or do I? Can I have both sites reference the same cart account. They are not connected and there won't be a problems with products from both sites winding up on the same order.

Also, If I use separate cart accounts can I point both of them integrated into the same authorize.net account? It seems that shouldn't be an issue but I am still new to these concepts.

Does anyone have two different sites processing orders using the same authorize.net account?

Any help appreciated.

Apr 29 2010 21:52:51

Gil Sery

David H said Hi, I have one premium cart and use Authorize.net. I am contemplating setting up a second website for similar products but different enough so I want them separated.

I assume I must set up a second cart account. Or do I? Can I have both sites reference the same cart account.

I'm also new to this cart, but from what I understand, you have the ability to create a second cart, but it is not a necessity.

As for having two carts using one Authorize.net account, that is a question for the Authorize.net support to answer.

Apr 30 2010 14:19:27

RichardS

You can have as many websites as you like connecting to the same Mals cart. You'll just have to pay some attention to using the correct return link details.

You can have more than one premium cart connected to the same authorize.net account.

All the best

Richard

Richard

May 01 2010 02:54:00

David H

Thanks I didn't think I needed another Auth.net account but wanted to see if someone already was doing this. appreciate the response.