Community Forums 

Main Content

Got the UPS shipping calculator all setup....got a question....

Apr 29 2010 02:13:07

S4Patrick

Hello....

Please check out my site:
    www.airtoolsforless.com

Add something to the "cart"

While on the "shopping cart page" and you enter your shipping info (country, state, and zip code) what you will see is a 2nd pull-down option asking for your state again.

How do I remove that?

Thanks....

Best regards,

~Patrick

Apr 29 2010 09:48:07

Alan

I guess Mal is the person to ask why both of the cart boxes are necessary.

In Tax calculations have you selected 5 or 6?

Alan
    Some shipping help documents are available at www.stoner.org.uk/mals/

Apr 29 2010 14:33:50

S4Patrick

Hi Alan.

I've got it set up on Option # 5. I'm not 100% sure what Option # 6 will do....can you enlighten me a little?

What I've noticed is that the 1st "Choose your State" pull-down is for the shipping portion (which seems to be useless, as the freight calculation zip code dependent)

The 2nd "Choose your State" pull-down is for sales tax calculations.

Any ideas?

Thanks a lot for your input.

~Patrick

Apr 30 2010 06:27:58

Alan

Option 6 would not give the tax amounts until the customer entered his details. So presumably the second box would not be necessary.

I'll ask Mal if he'll look at this thread.

Alan

Apr 30 2010 12:03:33

Alan

I'm told you
    "are using the Advanced shipping calculator and actually only have one zone, that is correct as Puerto Rico is treated as domestic by all the carriers in the US. Since there is only have one zone you don't need to use the states list in the "Links to zones" setup, and probably don't need the country list either.

The "links to zones" are literally that; a way of identifying which shipping zone the person belongs in. In the case of Fedex, UPS and USPS, they also provide the country, the carriers need the country, zip and weight to provide a quote. However where there is only one zone and merchant doesn't export, you can set the country on the carriers setup page rather than ask the customer for it."

I'm not sure if it answers your questions.

Alan

Apr 30 2010 22:18:40

S4Patrick

Thank you Alan...

I got it. It was as Mal suggested it.....I had the "states list" box checked as well as having the "country list" checked. Both buttons/ options within my advanced shipping settings DID NOT need to be checked. I've only set up one shipping zone, as all my sales/ shipping is for U.S. only. Mal was 100% correct.

Alan, THANK YOU so very much for helping me with this. Also, thank you as well Mal, for your response/ information, as it solved my concern.

Best regards,

Patrick