Community Forums 

Main Content

Changing "Add Shipping" Button

Jul 13 2010 20:57:08

Rob Grummitt

Gil,

I have exactly the same thing, just those two buttons aren't registering as the images I have uploaded to Mal's.

Rob Grummitt

Digital Instrumentation
    LED Scrolling Message Displays & Process Control Instrumentation

www.digital-instrumentation.co.uk

Jul 13 2010 21:39:28

Gil Sery

Rob Grummitt said Gil,

I have exactly the same thing, just those two buttons aren't registering as the images I have uploaded to Mal's.

Thank you very much for posting that, Rob. It reinforces my suspicion that this is a bug in the cart itself.

I have noticed that when uploading an image to the image library, once the image has been uploaded, that particular button type (e.g. Continue Shopping) is removed from the "Use of image" drop down list.

However, Add Shipping is NEVER removed from the "Use of image" drop down list -- even if one has already uploaded an image. The only time it is removed from the list is if all the possible image uses that could be uploaded have already been uploaded, and there is no drop down list to display.

Also, it stands to reason that if one deletes the "Add Shipping" image, the "Add Shipping" option should reappear in the "Use of image" drop down list, but it doesn't. Instead, "Background image" reappears in the drop down list.

This leads me to think that the functions for some of the image uses may be confused in the cart code.

Jul 14 2010 17:19:05

Gil Sery

Rob Grummitt said Gil,

Rob,

I emailed Mal about this and here is the response I got:

No, its not a bug, it is designed to be like that. It may be something I will change soon, but at the moment images buttons have not been implemented for those features.

What I don't get is why would the cart allow images to be uploaded for those features if there is no function connected to them?

Jul 14 2010 18:58:18

Rob Grummitt

Thanks for letting me know Gil.

It does seem strange that Mal designed it that way but if he is thinking about changing it, then that's good news.

Cheers

Rob Grummitt

Digital Instrumentation

Jul 15 2010 17:14:17

Gil Sery

Rob Grummitt said Thanks for letting me know Gil.

It does seem strange that Mal designed it that way but if he is thinking about changing it, then that's good news.

I thought so too, so I asked Mal, and here's what he replied:

The image library is a very new feature, less than two weeks old. It will in due course open up the possibility to add a number of new features including the buttons you mention.

I've been a member since the end of April and thought that feature had been there at least since I joined, but apparently not.

Oh well. At least we have something to look forward to now. :-)

Jul 15 2010 20:32:23

Rob Grummitt

I have been a member for just two weeks so I guess I came along and stumbled across this new feature just as it was launched.

I can't wait to see what else Mal has got in mind for us. I for one would like to have product options with different prices. This seems to have been mentioned in the forum a number of times but I have yet to see anything suitable.

Rob Grummitt

Digital Instrumentation

Jul 20 2010 22:43:10

Gil Sery

Rob Grummitt said I can't wait to see what else Mal has got in mind for us. I for one would like to have product options with different prices. This seems to have been mentioned in the forum a number of times but I have yet to see anything suitable.

Have you tried using the productpr field?

See Debbie Q's first post in this thread:
    https://www.mals-e.com/viewtopic.php?id=12202&mid=12202&fid=2

«      1   |   2