Community Forums 

Main Content

download not redirecting to download page

Jun 05 2010 13:23:00

Timothy I. Koen

Up until about 6 months ago I never had any problems selling ebooks and digital tools for download. Since then every time I sell one I get a complaint from the customer that they weren't directed to the download page.

At first it was just PayPal and I fixed that. Yesterday I had a credit card purchase fail to redirect to the download page.

I have been using the same code for years without a problem Here it is:

<form action=http://ww#.aitsafe.com/cf/add.cfm method=POST>
    <input type=hidden name=userid value=xxxxxxxx>
    <input type=hidden name=pcode value=shapeworks>
    <INPUT TYPE="HIDDEN" NAME="noqty" VALUE="2">
    <INPUT TYPE="HIDDEN" NAME="noship" VALUE="0">
    <p align="center">
    <input type="image" src="image-files/addtocart-grn-180.gif" alt="Click Here to Order" border="0" VALUE="Add to Cart" name="ShapeWorks" width="180" height="42">
    <input type="hidden" name="return" value="http://mywebsite.com/ShapeWorks.html">;
    </FORM>

In the Download products area in Mal's I set the pcode = shapeworks
    and the url = http://mywebsite.com/shapeworks-thank-you.html

I am not sure if this code is valid anymore or if the customer is being directed to the download page or not.

Can someone look at this and see if there is something I missed. I would appreciate it

Thanks in advance

Tim

Tim Koen

Jun 06 2010 07:10:54

GT

Does the page shapeworks-thank-you.html hold the link to the download Tim?

Having trouble with a form or need one building?
    Fast turnaround, but I do charge :)

Mal's Forms / Scripts and the syntax are here.

Jun 07 2010 16:37:15

Pat H

You say 'In the Download products area in Mal's I set the pcode = shapeworks
    and the url = http://mywebsite.com/shapeworks-thank-you.html
    '
    The url should point to where the download is located, such as
    url = http://mywebsite.com/downloadfolder/shapeworksdownload.pdf

Make the download folder from random letters and numbers, insert a blank index.html into the folder as well as your downloadable items then if anyone should get into the folder they will only see the index folder, its a bit rough and rerady but quite a good deterrent from data thieves.

Just Quizzes
    www.justquizzes.co.uk

Jun 08 2010 05:10:09

GT

If you're hosted on a Apache server, you can use htaccess to protect a downloads folder. In the email sent to the buyer, you could give them the user and password to access the folder.

Having trouble with a form or need one building?
    Fast turnaround, but I do charge :)

Mal's Forms / Scripts and the syntax are here.

Jun 08 2010 11:11:24

Timothy I. Koen

Gt & Pat, thanks for your comments. My original question is whether the code looks okay?

For a while now every time I sell a digital product I get a nasty-gram from the customer indicating that they were never directed to the download page. This all started to happen at about the same time that Mal's upgraded to the new look and feel. That may just be a coincidence but maybe not.

I do know that PayPal changed some settings on me (or maybe I did accidentally) but I straightened that out. This last time it was a credit card purchase that backfired. I double checked my settings to make sure I had everything in order. That seemed to be the case so I'm confused as to what happened.

I tried looking for answers and example code to compare with and did not find anything suitable. After searching for an hour or so I decided to post here. My biggest concern is that nowhere I looked did I find any reference to the "pcode" tag. As a matter of fact I didn't find any example codes for download products at all. I figured after an hour of searching there just aren't any example codes. So I posted here.

The problem is not whether the digital product is properly loaded on my server or if it is protected from hackers because I use Site Build It! as my ISP. (Read no ftp connection). That means no one can hack the web site.

So, what do you think, is my code sound or did I miss something?

Tim

Tim Koen

Jun 08 2010 17:29:40

Debbie Q

Your code looks fine if everything is setup right but there is no way for us to check your settings or your database. The best thing for you to do is do a test purchase yourself (or have a friend do it) and see for yourself what it is doing.

Debbie Q

Mal's Support: www.mals-e.com/support.php
    GT's Forms and examples: www.malsforms.com
    Helpful java scripts: www.gemasana.com/mals
    Shipping help documents: www.stoner.org.uk/mals

My Create-A-Book Publishing - mycreateabook.com
    Personalized Books, Music CDs and Gifts for all ages and occasions.

Please help me out and share my site on your networks.