Community Forums 

Main Content

No more cut and paste, use customer data for ship labels, order management

Aug 11 2010 13:16:12

marybeth sullivan

I've been using Mals cart in its simplest way for years but need to advance. No more cut and paste from an order email to a postage label. To move ahead, may I ask what other small business do?

- Need to track inventory and prevent sale of an item when product is sold out. How is this done? A remote call to what/where?

- Need to gather new orders' several times a day into I guess my own database as automated as possible. [Mals promotes Traxian as a Quickbooks integration, but their website shows last copyright date of 2004?] Name of other automated sweep programs?

- Need to print USA based shipping labels, UPS, USPS. Send tracking numbers to customers via email, etc.

How many more pieces of software do I need? Must I use Quickbooks or is Excel OK? Is this MySQL territory?

Must make the jump to using my customer data efficiently and could use a little direction. Like most of you I am very self reliant and would like to find the simplest and sleekest solutions.

I have about 100 products, many with different color options.

Thanks all. /SOF

Aug 11 2010 23:33:21

MB

I think i have to get the order data out of mals and into a mysql database first. I have created the mysql db on my server but need help with the set up details how to get the data out of mals. Remote call using Post?

Aug 11 2010 23:59:29

anon

That's right, remote call using post. Then your remote call script will get the values from the $_POST array and put them in an INSERT query for mysql. You'll want to parse the cart variable to put the individual order items in their own table.

To answer you original question, we store order data in a mysql database and have a script that creates a .csv file from the data that we import into stamps.com to print shipping labels.

Aug 12 2010 01:10:10

MB

Thank you. If I could get the data out of mals, into a csv, that would be great. Could someone help me how to configure mals to put the data into Mysql? I go to Remote Call in mals and enter something, choose post, but I don't know what 'enter something' is. Is it my database location, the ip address?pw?

Aug 12 2010 05:14:51

Debbie Q

I can't answer any of the database questions. I use PayPal Pro to process my credit cards and use the PayPal multiship program to print shipping labels. No more copy paste FANTASTIC!

Before I moved to PayPal Pro I used a program called Address Grabber which copied the address from the order notification email and pasted it into USPS click and ship. Still took a bit of time.

Debbie Q

Mal's Support: www.mals-e.com/support.php
    GT's Forms and examples: www.malsforms.com
    Helpful java scripts: www.gemasana.com/mals
    Shipping help documents: www.stoner.org.uk/mals

My Create-A-Book Publishing - mycreateabook.com
    Personalized Books, Music CDs and Gifts for all ages and occasions.

Please help me out and share my site on your networks.

Aug 12 2010 13:55:06

MB

Thanks Debbie, I think I need to find a programmer to set me up, this is way beyond my knowledge. Does anyone know where I can find someone to take my cart to the next level?

Aug 12 2010 18:17:24

anon

I've written scripts like those you described for several sites. If you are interested you can leave me a message at https://ww11.aitsafe.com/mbrd.htm?usr=D848223. Be sure to include your email address for me to get back to you.

Jul 20 2011 02:03:57

Medusa

Debbie, I am curious how you separate the first and last names for multi-order shipping and also, do your customers receive a shipping confirmation email?

WWW.MEDUSASMAKEUP.COM

Jul 20 2011 03:00:37

Debbie Q

I don't do anything. PayPal does it all. It just automaticly shows up on the multiship list with the first and last name seperated. Under settings in multi ship is a checkbox to send customer a shipping confirmation or not.

Medusa said Debbie, I am curious how you separate the first and last names for multi-order shipping and also, do your customers receive a shipping confirmation email?

Debbie Q

Mal's Support: www.mals-e.com/support.php
    GT's Forms and examples: www.malsforms.com
    Helpful java scripts: www.gemasana.com/mals
    Shipping help documents: www.stoner.org.uk/mals

My Create-A-Book Publishing - mycreateabook.com
    Personalized Books, Music CDs and Gifts for all ages and occasions.

Please help me out and share my site on your networks.

Jul 20 2011 05:42:42

Medusa

ok, thanks Debbie, I think I was making it harder than it really is, I thought I had to import with CSV file, but duh, it's already in Paypal! Thanks for all your help!

WWW.MEDUSASMAKEUP.COM

1   |   2      »