Community Forums 

Main Content

gift voucher: collecting mailing address and passing to cart

Aug 16 2010 14:51:32

molly

I would like to sell gift vouchers on our site, with the option for the purchaser to receive it EITHER via email OR via mail.

However when I add extra fields (select delivery method drop down; mailing address textarea field), those fields are not passed to the cart.

How can this be done?

Also, is it possible to have a quantity field enabled for the vouchers instead of a checkbox in the cart?

Here's my code:
    <FORM METHOD="POST" ACTION="http://ww#.aitsafe.com/cf/voucher.cfm" style="text-align: left; font-family: Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif; padding: 5px; font-size: 12px;">
    <INPUT TYPE="HIDDEN" NAME="userid" VALUE="#######">
    <input type="hidden" value="0" name="units" />

Amount: <select name="gift_amount" size="1">
    <option value="30">$30.00</option>
    <option value="60">$60.00</option>
    <option value="80">$80.00</option>
    </select>
    &nbsp;Or custom amount: $
    <INPUT TYPE="TEXT" NAME="gift_amount" size="5">
    &nbsp;.00<br><br>
    <hr />
    * indicates required field<br />
    *Recipient's Name: <INPUT TYPE="TEXT" NAME="gift_name"><br /><br />
    Gift Message (optional): <TEXTAREA name="gift_message"></TEXTAREA><br /><br />

<input type="hidden" value="0" name="units" />

Choose delivery method....
    <select name="gift_delivery">
    <option value="choose delivery method" selected="selected">Delivery gift certificate via....</option>
    <option value="Send via email">email (enter valid email address below)</option>
    <option value="Send by mail">mail (enter valid mailing address below)</option>
    </select>
    <table width="450" border="0" style="margin: 10px 0;">
    <tr>
    <td width="45%" style="vertical-align: top;">If delivery is by email:<br />
    <INPUT TYPE="TEXTAREA" NAME="gift_email" value="enter delivery email address" size="30" style="margin: 5px 0;"></td>
    <td style="vertical-align: top;"><strong><em>OR </em></strong>if delivery is by mail:<br /><input name="gift_mailing_address" type="text" value="enter street or PO Box" size="30" style="margin: 5px 0;" /><br />
    <input name="gift_city" type="text" value="City" size="30" style="margin: 5px 0;" /><br />
    <input name="gift_state" type="text" value="State" size="10" style="margin: 5px 0;" /> <input name="gift_zip" type="text" value="Zip" size="15" style="margin: 5px 0;" />
    </td>
    </tr>
    </table>

<br>
    <hr />
    <INPUT TYPE="SUBMIT" VALUE="Buy Me!">
    <input type="hidden" value="http://www.myreturnurl.com"; name="return" />
    </FORM>

Aug 16 2010 15:58:29

Debbie Q

You can't just make up fields and have the cart know what to do with them. If you want to collect all that other information that is not supported by the voucher.cfm form method I recomend just selling it as a regular product using add.cfm. Then take the info you get and go to admin and create the voucher yourself. That is what I do for my gift certificates.

Debbie Q

Mal's Support: www.mals-e.com/support.php
    GT's Forms and examples: www.malsforms.com
    Helpful java scripts: www.gemasana.com/mals
    Shipping help documents: www.stoner.org.uk/mals

My Create-A-Book Publishing - mycreateabook.com
    Personalized Books, Music CDs and Gifts for all ages and occasions.

Please help me out and share my site on your networks.

Aug 16 2010 18:25:05

molly

Debbie Q said You can't just make up fields and have the cart know what to do with them. If you want to collect all that other information that is not supported by the voucher.cfm form method I recomend just selling it as a regular product using add.cfm. Then take the info you get and go to admin and create the voucher yourself. That is what I do for my gift certificates.
    Hi Debbie,
    Thanks -
    Another question then....selling a gift certificate as a regular product: can I provide a drop-down of price choices AND a custom price entry field?