Community Forums 

Main Content

FedEx can't calulate shipping (using optioncart)

Sep 02 2010 14:56:32

Amy

I'm a designer using optioncart.com for my clients - shipping is ALWAYS a royal pain in my rear but this client has a FedEx account already and I'm trying to set it up (never worked with FedEx before)... it's an extra pain!

If you're familiar with option cart, you know it has a place to enter shipping units, which I have done. I gave the item a unit of 1 and tried to place a test order, but get this message:

"Sorry, it was not possible to calculate shipping for this order. No shipping options in the Fedex quotes set"

I entered all the FedEx account information correctly, checked the box to get quotes from FedEx, and thought I was doing everything right. I thought maybe it was the API or FedEx... I've gotten this error dozens of times since I set it up yesterday.

Trying to get this site live by tomorrow, HELP! Thanks!!!

Sep 02 2010 15:36:34

Alan

I haven't used it either.

Is the 1 an ounce? I believe too small a weight has surprisingly given problems.

Otherwise it could mean that no FEDEX service specified is valid for the origin / destination / weight combination.

Don't know how one approaches Mal's requirement to obtain a meter number if you already have an account. Is that resolved?.

Alan
    Some shipping help documents are available at www.stoner.org.uk/mals/

Sep 02 2010 15:44:49

Amy

Hmmm I hadn't considered that it might be seeing on as an ounce.

I just windowed over and tried setting it at 18 and I get the same message.

FedEx told the client this -
    Tech support at FedEx walked me through the process of obtaining a meter number. However, they said that if Mals-E subscription transaction generates a new meter number, we should go with that number instead.

I'm not sure if I should be setting it up differently. I input all the information requested and triple checked it.

Sep 02 2010 16:09:31

Alan

You specify pounds or ounces in the setup in Mals. I was just wondering.

Alan
    Some shipping help documents are available at www.stoner.org.uk/mals/

Sep 02 2010 16:39:18

Amy

I had it set to pounds originally. I tried ounces earlier as well, same error.