Community Forums 

Main Content

Upselling add-on - SUPPORT

Dec 26 2010 15:25:54

Don

Upselling add-on products and services there is no info in the Support pages relating to this topic.

I have added a product http://www.xxxxxx./co.uk/xxxxxxx.jpg to my Cart by using Set Up> Advanced Settings> and uploaded the product, but nothing appears in my Main Cart checkout, it also says you can Edit the Product, but how and where ?

Can anyone give a full clear explanation on how to go about this subject.

Thanks in anticipation.

DB.

www.donbarrow.co.uk
    www.pacenotes.com
    Please either Share or Like my Facebook

Dec 26 2010 17:54:43

Debbie Q

Under advance settings/upselling add-ons you can add products to be shown in the cart on the right hand side of the page. Enter the description and price and where you want this to show. Main cart or with Payment options and click "add product"

Once you click add product they will show on the left hand side of the same page. Here it gives you the option to Edit or Delete the product.

If the item is placed on the main cart page then "Edit" will give you options to set the URL to the products more info page, a thumbnail image, if it is dependent on another item to be in the cart or not, the shipping, the tax rate, and the scode.

Debbie Q

Mal's Support: www.mals-e.com/support.php
    GT's Forms and examples: www.malsforms.com
    Helpful java scripts: www.gemasana.com/mals
    Shipping help documents: www.stoner.org.uk/mals

My Create-A-Book Publishing - mycreateabook.com
    Personalized Books, Music CDs and Gifts for all ages and occasions.

Please help me out and share my site on your networks.

Dec 26 2010 19:00:37

Don

Debbie, thanks but I have already completed the instructions and nothing has appeared.

Am I correct in thinking that to enter a product, I list the URL and image source like this http://www.xxxxxx./co.uk/xxxxxxx.jpg then add the price and upload, this is what I have already done.

DB.

www.donbarrow.co.uk
    www.pacenotes.com

Dec 26 2010 19:13:14

Debbie Q

Where it says description just write something like product or test and see what happens. I don't think you can put a URL in the description but I haven't tried it.

Debbie Q

Mal's Support: www.mals-e.com/support.php
    GT's Forms and examples: www.malsforms.com
    Helpful java scripts: www.gemasana.com/mals
    Shipping help documents: www.stoner.org.uk/mals

My Create-A-Book Publishing - mycreateabook.com
    Personalized Books, Music CDs and Gifts for all ages and occasions.

Please help me out and share my site on your networks.

Dec 26 2010 19:24:48

Don

Debbie, as always you are spot on.

By simply entering the description, price & Add Product it takes you to another page to enter the URLs etc.

Thanks.

DB.

www.donbarrow.co.uk
    www.pacenotes.com

Jan 06 2011 23:06:44

Marco

Hi,

I'm trying to add a new product with the 'Upselling add-on' feature. I only set a description and the price. When I view my cart, I can see the add-on and I can add it to the cart. However if I then click on 'go to payments' the add-on disappears again.

I'm not using the Scode as I don't think it's needed. (On the set-up page it says: "it MAY have a product code.)

Any ideas?

Jan 06 2011 23:15:55

Don

Marco said Hi,

I'm trying to add a new product with the 'Upselling add-on' feature. I only set a description and the price. When I view my cart, I can see the add-on and I can add it to the cart. However if I then click on 'go to payments' the add-on disappears again.

I'm not using the Scode as I don't think it's needed. (On the set-up page it says: "it MAY have a product code.)

Any ideas?

Mine is working exactly the same, I am quite happy how it works because if the customer has selected an upsell product to add to the cart, then they no longer need it showing on the page because it's now waiting to be checked out.

DB.

www.donbarrow.co.uk
    www.pacenotes.com

Jan 11 2011 10:40:10

Marco

Hi Don,

Yes it disappears but it is not added to the cart either. It just 'vanishes' without being added to the cart.

Marco

Jan 11 2011 11:06:29

Don

Hi,

In Upselling - add Description and Price and Add Product.

Return to Upselling, you can now see the product you added, click on Edit.

In Shipping add your value.

In URL to Page insert your your URL and the Page that the Product is on http://www.YOUR WEB ADDRESS/and page.html

In URL to Thumbnail insert your URL http://www.YOUR WEB ADDRESS/and the image source

Select which page you want the item to appear on - Check Out or Main Page.

Click on Save - Then Click on View your Shopping Cart to check all is OK.

Hope this helps.

DB.

So you set

www.donbarrow.co.uk
    www.pacenotes.com

Jan 12 2011 13:07:52

Marco

Thanks Don! I tried again (without touching any settings) and now it works... One last question: can the link shows 'By Now!' to buy the extra product be changed to something else? (Especially because I have Dutch customers.)

1   |   2      »