Community Forums 

Main Content

upselling items and scode

Jan 01 2011 09:43:49

pcguy

I am trying to get the upselling addons with the scode only working and if I have a dropdown box and in it set like this where nano is the scode it works fine

<option value="MSI - U160:594.55:0:nano">U160</option>

However if I set an scode like this for the product it wont work

<input type="hidden" name="scode" value="nano">

In the upselling addons section of my cart setup I have nano in the field where it says

It is only to be displayed when the order contains a product with the following scode:

Also can you have multiple scodes for 1 item so you can upsell additional items, for example if I sell a laptop and I want to add a carry bag and mouse via the scode so it comes in the cart as an upsell item can it be done or is only 1 scode allowd. I have tried a comma between scodes and it fails

Thanks for any help in advance

Jan 01 2011 15:38:26

Debbie Q

If I remember correctly you are using a multi product form? If so you need to have a product number appending your scode. ie: scode1

Debbie Q

Mal's Support: www.mals-e.com/support.php
    GT's Forms and examples: www.malsforms.com
    Helpful java scripts: www.gemasana.com/mals
    Shipping help documents: www.stoner.org.uk/mals

My Create-A-Book Publishing - mycreateabook.com
    Personalized Books, Music CDs and Gifts for all ages and occasions.

Please help me out and share my site on your networks.

Jan 02 2011 02:02:41

pcguy

Hi Debbie,

thanks for your prompt reply.

It didnt work however I suspect the issue lies with the price options script I use from orderhistory.com.

What I have is a dropdown on my site to pick a laptop and I have told it if it sees scode bag10 to add a bag as an upsell item and that works but I was wanting to also have it add the nano mouse and its scode is nano.
    I have added a hidden item with the 1 appended to everything including the scode but it still failed so to get around it I now have it available in the cart regardless.
    Only downside is when you add a normal pc to the cart you see the option to add a nano mouse as well but thats fine.

Thanks for your help appreciated as always

I have tried to contact the orderhistory people but they are the worst for support. I am still waiting on a issue I requested support on 4 months ago now. I would never buy from them again