Community Forums 

Main Content

Entry appears in Mals in red

Apr 25 2011 12:55:39

pcguy

I have noticed a few times in my mals cart when I log into the admin area some payments are in red and and the actual payment also comes through in paypal and all is correct.

What does this mean?

Apr 25 2011 13:00:37

Alan

The cart has not received confirmation of successful payment.

Alan
    Some shipping help documents are available at www.stoner.org.uk/mals/

Apr 25 2011 13:02:22

pcguy

Thanks Alan,

so even though Paypal has said it is all ok and the payment is correct as far as mals goes it has not had that confirmation back from paypal yet?

Is there a way to fix it or something I have to live with

Apr 25 2011 13:12:08

Debbie Q

There is nothing you can do to fix it. It's just a warning for you to check and make sure the payment was recieved. Usually it means the payment did not go through but occasionally there is just a hiccup in the notification processess.

Debbie Q

Mal's Support: www.mals-e.com/support.php
    GT's Forms and examples: www.malsforms.com
    Helpful java scripts: www.gemasana.com/mals
    Shipping help documents: www.stoner.org.uk/mals

My Create-A-Book Publishing - mycreateabook.com
    Personalized Books, Music CDs and Gifts for all ages and occasions.

Please help me out and share my site on your networks.

Apr 25 2011 15:05:42

Alan

Do you use only Paypal or is it only (and all) Paypal items that are in red?

Alan
    Some shipping help documents are available at www.stoner.org.uk/mals/

Apr 26 2011 01:33:30

pcguy

Hi Alan,

Paypal is the only payment option used and every single payment shows up in mals as red.
    When checked against paypal all the correct money is there and has come through ok.

Looks like something we have to live with I guess, it's just checking hundreds of items manually can be a pain though

Apr 26 2011 02:43:01

Debbie Q

Well this is totally different then what you said in your first post. Your first post said... " a few times in my mals cart when I log into the admin area some payments are in red " You did not say ALL. This means you probably don't have PayPal setup properly to talk back to the cart.

Double check your settings in the cart and in PayPay following these instructions.

In your admin in the cart set up, click the "PayPal" link. 1) Check the button by Website Payments Standard. 2) Enter your PayPal email address. 3) Return the customer back to the cart. 4) check the box where it says "PayPal should make an IPN call to the cart to confirm when someone pays." Don't forget to check the update button at the bottom.

In PayPal Click the "Profile" tab. Under "Hosted payment Settings" find the "Website Payment Preferences" link and click it. Set "Auto return" to On and enter your website URL. It doesn't matter what you put there. The cart will override it and send the customer back to the Carts Thank-you page.

pcguy said Hi Alan,

Paypal is the only payment option used and every single payment shows up in mals as red.
    When checked against paypal all the correct money is there and has come through ok.

Looks like something we have to live with I guess, it's just checking hundreds of items manually can be a pain though

Debbie Q

Mal's Support: www.mals-e.com/support.php
    GT's Forms and examples: www.malsforms.com
    Helpful java scripts: www.gemasana.com/mals
    Shipping help documents: www.stoner.org.uk/mals

My Create-A-Book Publishing - mycreateabook.com
    Personalized Books, Music CDs and Gifts for all ages and occasions.

Please help me out and share my site on your networks.