Community Forums 

Main Content

paypal payments pro questions

May 27 2011 17:16:26

Medusa

I currently use Paypal standard and I am considering upgrading to Paypal pro so that customers have a choice between paypal and regular credit card. My question is, does anyone use Paypal pro, and do they feel their sales have increased by using pro? If anyone could post their website so I can view how their cart looks with pro, I would appreciate it...does it really checkout on mals cart?
    any info, and pros and cons would be helpful!

WWW.MEDUSASMAKEUP.COM

May 27 2011 17:43:54

Cindy

I have had Paypal Business Standard and a Merchant Account Payment CC processor up until about a month ago. At first, I thought I was losing sales so I contacted Paypal. They checked and only ONE sale was declined and that was declined from the credit card company...

So, I have been VERY happy with PayPal Pro. Everything is in ONE place and you get the money right away in your account so that you have the funds available to ship your order. Unlike a CC Merchant account where you have to wait 2-3 days to have access to your funds.

Debbie on this forum is the PayPal pro, she will most likely write and give her thoughts.

You may test our cart at http://www.SelfDefenseProductsFlorida.com

Cindy

May 27 2011 17:54:22

Debbie Q

I definately feel my sales increased when I upgraded to Pro. PayPal has gotten a lot of negative press over the years and many people will not shop if that is their only choice. Even if they can pick "Pay with CC" within the paypal setup many won't do it. With PayPal Pro they do not know they just paid through PayPal.

Debbie Q

Mal's Support: www.mals-e.com/support.php
    GT's Forms and examples: www.malsforms.com
    Helpful java scripts: www.gemasana.com/mals
    Shipping help documents: www.stoner.org.uk/mals

My Create-A-Book Publishing - mycreateabook.com
    Personalized Books, Music CDs and Gifts for all ages and occasions.

Please help me out and share my site on your networks.

May 27 2011 18:17:10

Medusa

Thanks for the info! I will check out your site...you may get a sale, which will be abonded..it will be me looking at your shopping cart! thanks

WWW.MEDUSASMAKEUP.COM

May 27 2011 18:22:56

Medusa

Actually Cindy, how did you maintain all the links on the shopping cart page? I am in the process of building the cart, I tried the template, but I am not sure how to make images show up?

WWW.MEDUSASMAKEUP.COM

May 27 2011 18:49:25

Debbie Q

Medusa, Use the full link to the pictures in the template including http:// If they still don't show up, your host is set to not allow hotlinking of images.

Debbie Q

Mal's Support: www.mals-e.com/support.php
    GT's Forms and examples: www.malsforms.com
    Helpful java scripts: www.gemasana.com/mals
    Shipping help documents: www.stoner.org.uk/mals

My Create-A-Book Publishing - mycreateabook.com
    Personalized Books, Music CDs and Gifts for all ages and occasions.

Please help me out and share my site on your networks.

May 28 2011 09:44:53

Cindy

Medusa said Actually Cindy, how did you maintain all the links on the shopping cart page? I am in the process of building the cart, I tried the template, but I am not sure how to make images show up?

Do you mean how do I have the navagation menu on the cart page?
    I am using an Iframe to add the cart to my website.