Community Forums 

Main Content

Smart Phones - Iphones

Nov 12 2011 23:47:12

Nigel B

I am in the process of altering many of my sites so they will resize and appear differently for cell phones and tablets.
    Does anyone know if Mals Ecommerce will be doing the same ?

Nov 13 2011 06:33:41

GT

With the sites we've build for many a year Nigel, I could be wrong, but as we build to a % of screen size and columns again are %, in the testing we've done, all of our sites view ok.

Have you set Mal's as a fixed width?

Having trouble with a form or need one building?
    Fast turnaround, but I do charge :)

Mal's Forms / Scripts and the syntax are here.

Nov 16 2011 08:53:32

Mal Stewart

I'm working on a shopping cart front end for smartphones at the moment using

http://jquerymobile.com

Obviously there will be a greatly reduced set of payment methods, many payment services/gateways can't handle mobiles so initially it will probably be just the standard payment methods plus PayPal.

Mal

Mal's E-commerce Ltd
    http://www.mals-e.com

Nov 17 2011 05:48:28

Nigel B

Thanks Mal.
    The homework Ive done indicates this is the way to go, even for internet retailers like me. I have finished making one site suitable for iphones, tablets and PCs and Mals does work OK at 80% but done properly would be fantastic.

Cheers

Sep 12 2012 05:45:54

Mo

Mal Stewart said I'm working on a shopping cart front end for smartphones ...

Mal

A friend who already uses Mal's e-commerce has asked me to help take his website mobile.

When is the 'shopping cart front end for smartphones' going to be available for use?

And can I just change some code elements for his currrent BUY buttons, (just add the 'mobile' code' or do I need to recreate all new buttons?

Thanks

Mo

Sep 12 2012 07:09:13

GT

Having trouble with a form or need one building?
    Fast turnaround, but I do charge :)

Mal's Forms / Scripts and the syntax are here.