Community Forums 

Main Content

discountpr and scode

Nov 17 2011 16:21:45

Yahweh's Alive & Well

I'm still working on coming up with a way to utilize less shopping carts. So if I have an scode for one product line and use discount pr for other product lines and items from all the lines are placed in one cart will the quantities cross with each to give a discount cumulative for the cart or the individual items?

Nov 17 2011 19:13:59

Debbie Q

Well according to the cart it says the global discount can be limited to just an item with a certain stock code and discountpr only discounts the product it is used on so I would assume that would work. I think I would enter a few items and test it to be sure.

Debbie Q

Mal's Support: www.mals-e.com/support.php
    GT's Forms and examples: www.malsforms.com
    Helpful java scripts: www.gemasana.com/mals
    Shipping help documents: www.stoner.org.uk/mals

My Create-A-Book Publishing - mycreateabook.com
    Personalized Books, Music CDs and Gifts for all ages and occasions.

Please help me out and share my site on your networks.

Nov 17 2011 21:16:28

Alan

I think if you add a product to the cart with an scode using discountpr, then add another with discountpr and the same scode, the product details of the second are ignored.

The quantities are added but the same scode and discountpr is assumed to mean the same product.

Alan
    Some shipping help documents are available at www.stoner.org.uk/mals/

Nov 22 2011 16:49:40

Yahweh's Alive & Well

This is what happens: When I add an item to the cart that has an scode http://www. yahwehsaliveandwell .com and it is not enough to reach the subtotal that qualifies the cart for the discount ($140.00), I can add an item that does not have an scode http://www. yahwehsaliveandwell .com and the subtotal is now enough to give a discount on the smaller scode item. This is not the way I thought it would work. I thought the discount would only be on the items with the scode. So I think I am going to have to use discountpr more than scode.

Nov 22 2011 17:46:02

Debbie Q

I think the minimum order requirement is everything in the cart but the discount is only for the scode items. So if your minimum order is 10 and you have 9 of the scode item and 1 of the other only the scode item is discounted. The other item is full price. Is that not what it is doing? I can see how that might not be what you are wanting tho. They could easily order 1 of the scode item and get a discount if they order 9 of something else. You might want to contact Mal about it.

Debbie Q

Mal's Support: www.mals-e.com/support.php
    GT's Forms and examples: www.malsforms.com
    Helpful java scripts: www.gemasana.com/mals
    Shipping help documents: www.stoner.org.uk/mals

My Create-A-Book Publishing - mycreateabook.com
    Personalized Books, Music CDs and Gifts for all ages and occasions.

Please help me out and share my site on your networks.