Community Forums 

Main Content

New Web Site Design

May 23 2013 09:24:02

Yahweh's Alive & Well

Thank you Debbie and GT!

Thank you for your encouragement and support Debbie!!!!! I My stepson talked me into the makeover along with all the input I received on Mal's and I believe it needed to be done 100% It's been a few days longer than a month since the relaunch and orders dropped way off. But everything I read about SEO says that is not uncommon for the first 1-3 months after a relaunch. Time will tell.

GT - thanks for all your advice and time!!!!! I checked all of the links out you posted for me and will have to work on them one at a time.

I guess the temporary server was a lot faster and didn't realize once it launched the pages had gotten so slow. (I also noticed in cpanel it now says I am on a shared server. I thought people processing CC are not supposed to be on shared servers???)

I am using the validator on my international side of the site so I can work on it there and then make the same corrections on the US side. Problem: most of the warnings are in the merchantmom's system not in my template so I can't change them. How bad is that? And I was able to get the errors down from almost 80 to 27 so far, warnings are down from 183 to 151. A find on the page shows most of them " />" are in the MM system. Oh and if you look at the International page compared to the US page they are not clones anymore. International looks all botched up.

As for the copyscape thing Acu-Ring was a last minute item I added about 2 a.m. half asleep that the manufacturer didn't care about since I sell about 200 of their items. But I changed that copy. The rest of the web sites copied MY copyrighted material. I find it all the time mostly because they are linking to me and copying so I see the hits.

GT you would find the newest products taht I added after the launch to show up on page 4. But knowing you, you could get them #1 right away. What would you charge me to fix all this stuff? I have seriously neglected my health learning all the new stuff for a year then rebuilding for 15 months and don't really have anything left in me to keep at it along with all my homeschool and other responsibilities.

In the merchantmoms system there i sno way to put a no follow tag on only one page. It has to go in the template and would show up on every page.

I have generated about 10 xml sitemaps since the launch and none show any broken links but I will look into what you are saying.

In fact I just copy and pasted both of your responses in my mail draft so I can access it without logging into Mal's.

May 30 2013 21:38:13

Yahweh's Alive & Well

all the page load testers I used before I launched the site said pages took between 1 and 3 seconds to load.
    right now today from google analytics:

Avg. Page Load Time (sec) 3.08
    Avg. Redirection Time (sec) 0.06
    Avg. Domain Lookup Time (sec) 0.03
    Avg. Server Connection Time (sec) 0.04
    Avg. Server Response Time (sec) 0.49
    Avg. Page Download Time (sec) 0.26

What does this mean in comparison to what you posted and what should I be looking to improve GT? It sure is a lot of technical stuff today. OIH !

May 31 2013 03:14:07

GT

Having trouble with a form or need one building?
    Fast turnaround, but I do charge :)

Mal's Forms / Scripts and the syntax are here.

Jun 02 2013 17:41:40

Yahweh's Alive & Well

Thanks GT!!!!

Well it's was done. Was because on my free web space http://home.earthlink.net/%7Epatriciapercifield/untitled%20file%205.html the template validates and on the real site http://www.yahwehsaliveandwell.com/international/ it has 1 error and lots of warnings that are in the merchantmom system not my code. It apparently uses XHTML.

How can I fix this?

ALSO when I had the background jpg in my template I kept getting an error that is wasn't allowed. I looked at Debbie's source code as well as others who have passed validation and can't figure out what I did wrong. You can see on the US site where the jpg is. http://www.yahwehsaliveandwell.com/

Where would I place it correctly?

</STYLE>
    </head>
    <body style="background-attachment: repeat" background="http://www.yahwehsaliveandwell.com/images/yahwehs/herbs200.jpg"; bgcolor="#92844F">

Jun 03 2013 00:28:25

GT

You have two body tags, remove the second one:
    <body style="background-attachment: repeat" background="http://www.yahwehsaliveandwell.com/images/yahwehs/herbs200.jpg"; bgcolor="#92844F">
    <body>

Jun 03 2013 02:18:28

Yahweh's Alive & Well

I did try that 2 times and it causes 6 (or it might have been 8) errors when I do that.

Update: somehow it worked the 3rd time. Thanks GT!

Jun 03 2013 05:23:49

GT

On line 257, you have closed off a paragraph, then closed off the same paragraph, remove one of the </p>
    <p>&nbsp;</p></p>

When you built your forms, you built them as XHTML,this doc type has a closing / as you know, every one of these space / needs removing from your pages:
    <input type="hidden" name="price" value="25.55" />
    change to:
    <input type="hidden" name="price" value="25.55">

Jun 10 2013 05:06:07

Yahweh's Alive & Well

GT I have tried to remove that 2nd closed paragraph but it doesn't exist in my code anyplace. It's something that the MM system is putting in there. Yes I noticed that when it was all done their coding is XHTML. I have to go back into every page and fix those. I do't have a problem with that and it will take ma some time to correct all those. My question is where the long breaks are in the php files do I replace them also?

Jun 16 2013 06:54:18

Yahweh's Alive & Well

YeeHaa! After some hours of Yahweh's help tonight I managed to get the html and CSS to validate on both the US and International sites! Found the MM stuff that was putting in the double closed paragraph tag and am working on taking out all the long breaks.

I also noticed this seems to be the only thread on W3C validation? Hopefully it wil help others.

Thank you AGAIN GT and Debbie!

Next hurdle - Google Analytics. It never takes one back to the same page and their navigation gets pretty bad once I am in several pages deep.

«      1   |   2