Community Forums 

Main Content

Dimensional Weight revisited...

Jan 03 2012 18:14:57

EAC

It's been about a year since this was brought up, but it's time again... When is the premium cart going to allow sending of the 3 dimensions needed to get accurate shipping on large but light items? THIS IS WAY OVERDUE! All three major shipping services need these to accurately calculate shipping, and with rising shipping prices, this makes a BIG difference on selling oversized items. It doesn't have to be fancy, just pick largest item if multiple items.

Don

Jan 03 2012 19:43:42

Don

You need to Email Mal.

DB

www.donbarrow.co.uk
    www.pacenotes.com
    Please either Share or Like my Facebook

Feb 09 2016 00:32:38

audiolabga

Dimensional Weight is a basic part of shipping worldwide now days. It just requires that you not only send the weight, but the length, width and height. I hope the cart will someday work with the new basic requirements.

A work around can not be done as the cart is where the shipping is selected. If you where only using UPS, you could use a math statement.

Determine Dimensional Weight: Divide the cubic size of your package in inches by 139 to determine the dimensional weight in pounds. Increase any fraction to the next whole pound.

Feb 29 2016 21:38:16

EAC

Yep, been wanting this for a long time. So easy to add, but it is ignored :( Just 3 xtra API fields.....

To use it in the US, will take setting up all shipping zones, instead of US as a whole, It only affects certain zones, over the mountains each way in my case. May have to see how much problem it will be to set up.

If it was in the cart, the API would return the correct postage, knowing zip and size.

audiolabga said Dimensional Weight is a basic part of shipping worldwide now days. It just requires that you not only send the weight, but the length, width and height. I hope the cart will someday work with the new basic requirements.

A work around can not be done as the cart is where the shipping is selected. If you where only using UPS, you could use a math statement.

Determine Dimensional Weight: Divide the cubic size of your package in inches by 139 to determine the dimensional weight in pounds. Increase any fraction to the next whole pound.

Feb 29 2016 22:17:30

Alan

In passing, I wondered if it is as simple as that. Would the cart have to link to the shipper for each item individually? Or would it have to decide which items might be packaged together in boxes?

Alan
    Some shipping help documents are available at www.stoner.org.uk/mals/

Mar 01 2016 00:46:54

EAC

After thinking it through, it wouldn't be a simple work around. Mal HAS to add it to the cart...

Giving the Dimensional Weight would work if you split up the zones on your own for further away zones, but it would send too much weight to the USPS API on the zones that don't care about the size.

Oh well :( Will have to try it with Mal again, see if it get ignored again...