Community Forums 

Main Content

Scode with add multi

Jan 10 2012 18:15:19

Danielle F

Testing out scode (great addition to the cart!) with an addmulti form. I have tested it with just 2 products on the form for now. Product page is http://www.themetalpeddler.com/products/copper-numbers/house-numbers-4inch.html

stripping out tables, the code for the two is below and doesn't work. Discount code set up is curb15, scode is curb

<form action="http://ww8.aitsafe.com/cf/addmulti.cfm"; method="post">

<input name="pcode1" value="No.1" type="hidden">
    <input name="pcode2" value="No.2" type="hidden">
    <input name="scode1" value="curb" type="hidden" >
    <input name="scode2" value="curb" type="hidden">
    <input name="userid" value="A196784" type="hidden">
    <input name="return" value="http://www.themetalpeddler.com/products/copper-numbers/house-numbers-4inch.html"; type="hidden">

<input name="qty1" size="8" type="text">
    <input name="qty2" size="8" type="text">
    <input name="I1" type="image" class="img" src="http://www.themetalpeddler.com/images/x-click-but22.gif"; alt="Add to Cart">
    </form>

Any help appreciated. Thanks

Jan 11 2012 09:45:25

Alan

If I buy 10 of the first item, no discount.

If I buy 20 I receive 5%.

If I buy 10 of the first and10 of the second, again 5%.

What are you expecting to happen?

In passing, the cart referred to lead times - which I didn't see on the product page.

Alan
    Some shipping help documents are available at www.stoner.org.uk/mals/

Jan 11 2012 13:48:18

anon

pcode1 and pcode2 aren't valid parameters. Try product1 and product2 instead.

Jan 11 2012 20:13:40

Danielle F

We have 2 types of discount, buy bulk for 5% off etc or enter a code for a specific discount.

Code curb10 gives 10% discount. Trouble is I don't want people to be able to apply it to every product on our website, so by using scode I hope to eliminate people taking the code from one product and applying it to another.

Test the code curb10 - it gives 10%
    However, test the code curb15, set up with the scode named curb and it doesn't work.
    I followed the coding advice on another thread to do scode1 scode2 etc but still no joy.

Alan said If I buy 10 of the first item, no discount.
    If I buy 20 I receive 5%.
    If I buy 10 of the first and10 of the second, again 5%.
    What are you expecting to happen?

In passing, the cart referred to lead times - which I didn't see on the product page.

Jan 11 2012 20:16:50

Danielle F

the pcode is for the products I have on mals database. But that leads me to think the scode might not work with products set up that way

anon said pcode1 and pcode2 aren't valid parameters. Try product1 and product2 instead.

Jan 12 2012 06:08:11

Alan

Each product that is discounted has to meet a condition.

In your case I guess it is
    "The discount is applied if the order contains a product with an SKU (scode) THAT BEGINS WITH ....."

If you specify curb as the condition then the products would need scodes like curb1 and curb2. At the moment you have it back-to-front.

Alan
    Some shipping help documents are available at www.stoner.org.uk/mals/

Jan 12 2012 14:58:23

Danielle F

I tested that (scode beginning with...) and I changed to curb1 etc but still didn't work

So I tested with another product line, this time one that doesn't use Mal's database, so with codes product1, product2 instead of pcodes. And that worked.

Alan said Each product that is discounted has to meet a condition.

In your case I guess it is
    "The discount is applied if the order contains a product with an SKU (scode) THAT BEGINS WITH ....."

If you specify curb as the condition then the products would need scodes like curb1 and curb2. At the moment you have it back-to-front.

Jan 13 2012 03:43:33

Debbie Q

Just curious as to why you were using the downloadable goods database for regular products?

Debbie Q

Mal's Support: www.mals-e.com/support.php
    GT's Forms and examples: www.malsforms.com
    Helpful java scripts: www.gemasana.com/mals
    Shipping help documents: www.stoner.org.uk/mals

My Create-A-Book Publishing - mycreateabook.com
    Personalized Books, Music CDs and Gifts for all ages and occasions.

Please help me out and share my site on your networks.

Jan 14 2012 20:06:43

Danielle F

Debbie Q said Just curious as to why you were using the downloadable goods database for regular products?

I was testing it years ago, put a few product lines on there and left them there. I probably would have put more on but all our other products have too many pricing variables so we just left the simple ones on.