Community Forums 

Main Content

adding text box to product page?

May 10 2012 22:53:08

Claire

Need a little help with this one... I have the below code on a clients page who is offering the user to enter the dollar amount they have been quoted. So I'm using something similar to what I've used for donations.

couple of questions?
    1. do I need the check box? if I remove it - the amount is not added to the cart. Any other way to do this? I've tried noqty evidently I didn't do it right cause it still did not add amount to cart. *stumped*

2 - how can I add a text box for user to add comments? something with a few rows - not just 1 row text box field.

THANK YOU!
    here's the live page, http://www.outdoortrailgear.com/cottage-industries/dutchware/dutchware-custom-work/

=================

<form action="http://www.aitsafe.com/cf/addmulti.cfm"; method="post"> <input name="userid" type="hidden" value="3758476" /> <input name="return" type="hidden" value="dutchware.outdoortrailgear.com" />
    <input name="product2" type="hidden" value="Dutchware Custom Work" />

<input name="qty2" type="checkbox" value="1" /> <strong>Check box and enter quoted amount:</strong> do not use dollar sign. enter dollar amount only. for example; $20.00

<table border="0" cellspacing="2" cellpadding="2">
    <tr>
    <td width="24">$$$</td>
    <td width="168"><input name="price2" size="10" type="text" /></td>
    </tr></table>

Please briefly describe the custom work on the checkout page in the comments box.
    <br>
    <input type="submit" value= "Add to cart">
    </form>
    ---------------------

----
    Claire Walters Design Studios

May 11 2012 01:17:35

Debbie Q

Using addmulti you need to have a qty field but the qty field can be hidden. ie:
    <input name="qty2" type="hidden" value="1" />

To make a text area field use <textarea name="product2[]" cols="40" rows="3"></textarea>

<form action="http://www.aitsafe.com/cf/addmulti.cfm";; method="post"> <input name="userid" type="hidden" value="3758476" /> <input name="return" type="hidden" value="dutchware.outdoortrailgear.com" />
    <input name="product2[]" type="hidden" value="Dutchware Custom Work" />
    <input name="qty2" type="hidden" value="1" /> Enter quoted amount:</strong> do not use dollar sign. enter dollar amount only. for example; $20.00

<table border="0" cellspacing="2" cellpadding="2">
    <tr>
    <td width="24">$$$</td>
    <td width="168"><input name="price2" size="10" type="text" /></td>
    </tr></table>

Please briefly describe the custom work in the comments box.
    <textarea name="product2[]" cols="40" rows="3"></textarea>
    <br>
    <input type="submit" value= "Add to cart">
    </form>

Debbie Q

Mal's Support: www.mals-e.com/support.php
    GT's Forms and examples: www.malsforms.com
    Helpful java scripts: www.gemasana.com/mals
    Shipping help documents: www.stoner.org.uk/mals

My Create-A-Book Publishing - mycreateabook.com
    Personalized Books, Music CDs and Gifts for all ages and occasions.

Please help me out and share my site on your networks.

May 11 2012 02:43:12

Claire

Thx for the help Debbie! I tried all different combinations. just never got the right one. after a while it all looked the same :)

----
    Claire Walters Design Studios