Community Forums 

Main Content

Re:Google Analytics - Ecommerce Set Up / Tracking

Jun 06 2012 15:04:43

anon

Yes, it is set up for Google Analytics. We very rarely use Adwords. It used to be that Analytics was part of Adwords. So when we originally signed up we had to sign up for Adwords before setting up Analytics even though we weren't using Adwords. I don't think that is the case anymore, but I'm not entirely sure. Anyway, since we had an Adwords ID, I entered it on the conversion tracking page.

Analytics tracks across domains using your Analytics ID (UA-XXXXX-X).

scode is Mal's field for SKU. So if you include scode in your Mal's forms, you will be able to report on Product SKU in Analytics. Unfortunately, there is no Mal's equivalent field for category, so you can't report on that.

If you've included your Analytics ID on the Mal's Conversion Tracking page, I'm not sure why it isn't working for you. We are NOT using asynchronous tracking, so if you checked that box, you might try unchecking it.

We've also set up a goal to the payment thank you page (https://ww##.aitsafe.com/secure/payprocess.pht), then a funnel from the review cart page to the thank you page (we start with the review cart page since we use the nocart parameter on all our Mal's forms and have a mini-cart on all our pages). I'm fairly certain this is independent of Ecommerce, but it is helpful to set it up anyway.

I haven't done anything with Multi-Channel funnels yet. Some data shows up, but I'm not sure what it means.