Community Forums 

Main Content

Re:PCI compliance

Jun 15 2012 14:15:03

Yahweh's Alive & Well

Mal's web page says it's free through MacAfee. Did I read this right? I too went through the hoops with my old CC processor. Then they even tried to say my CC terminal was outdated and couldn't be used anymore. They tried this for years because it didn't truncate the CC numbers they said. I told them they don't know what they are talking about because I bought one that didn't have a printer. Eventually they just said I needed a new one so I found a CC processor who I process manually online with and only had to do the pci complliance thing one time with them. That was 3 years ago. But I don't have a logo on my site and wonder how that has effected new sales. I still have lots of old customers who trust me and never had a problem with hacking. I HAVE had problems with the online processor though. Sometimes the site doesn't work properly and it shows that the CC was declined. So I try again and one time it did this 3 times and actually charged the CC 3 times and never gave me an approval code. I had to wait for them to fix it and went through more hours of aggravation than the sale was worth. I also don't like that you cannot modify a sale amount like on a terminal. But they sent me a terminal and it wouldn't work. Was a piece of junk which I boxed up. My husband eventually destroyed it and through it away.