Community Forums 

Main Content

don't let people buy if out of stock?

Mar 30 2013 09:03:13

AliasAngel

I'm new to Mal's, and I'm looking for a way to manage stock quantities so I don't sell more of something than I have. I know I can just manually remove the buy button, but I might not be able to do this fast enough.

Paypal has the option to limit quantity (people can still add a sold out item to their cart, but Paypal won't let them complete check-out).

However, I can't figure out a way to do coupon codes with just Paypal buttons. Does anybody have a solution for this? Thanks.

Mar 30 2013 09:44:14

GT

Having trouble with a form or need one building?
    Fast turnaround, but I do charge :)

Mal's Forms / Scripts and the syntax are here.

Mar 30 2013 10:26:18

AliasAngel

GT said http://www.malsforms.com/single-product-new.php

Does that help?

Does this come with support if I have trouble setting it up?

I use an image for my Buy buttons; can this switch to a Sold image?

If the order is passed to Mal's but not completed, will it still switch to saying sold?

In your example that shows stock number, it goes down when an item is added to the cart, but it does not go back up when the item is removed.

Also, it says $20 donation rather than $40 on this page: http://www.malsforms.com/other-forms.html

Mar 30 2013 11:23:24

GT

AliasAngel said GT said http://www.malsforms.com/single-product-new.php

Does that help?

Does this come with support if I have trouble setting it up?

Yes, it's easy, over 20 people are using the same script.

I use an image for my Buy buttons; can this switch to a Sold image?

Possibly, I've not considered that.

If the order is passed to Mal's but not completed, will it still switch to saying sold?

Yes, as soon as the button/link is clicked, the qty goes down by one.

In your example that shows stock number, it goes down when an item is added to the cart, but it does not go back up when the item is removed.

No.

Also, it says $20 donation rather than $40 on this page: http://www.malsforms.com/other-forms.html

That's an old screenshot, the page has the correct values, I've taken a new screenshot.

Mar 30 2013 13:29:39

AliasAngel

Having the items permanently switch to sold just from going in the cart is a problem for me. I know when I shop online, I put everything I might consider in my cart, then I compare those items, pick the one I like best, and remove everything else. I'm likely not the only person who does this. Or if somebody accidentally deleted something from their cart, they couldn't put it back.

Is there a way to make it so that rather than the quantity going down when something is added to the cart, have it go down when the cart contents are sent to payment processing? You know like how some sites have a note about putting an item in your cart doesn't reserve it for you and it can still go out of stock until you've completed check out? Is this possible?

And I think it's wonderful that you're helping people customize with your scripts; they're really clever.

Mar 30 2013 13:45:07

Debbie Q

If you use something like Optioncart or Opencart you can have inventory control on your website.

Debbie Q

Mal's Support: www.mals-e.com/support.php
    GT's Forms and examples: www.malsforms.com
    Helpful java scripts: www.gemasana.com/mals
    Shipping help documents: www.stoner.org.uk/mals

My Create-A-Book Publishing - mycreateabook.com
    Personalized Books, Music CDs and Gifts for all ages and occasions.

Please help me out and share my site on your networks.

Mar 30 2013 14:07:20

GT

Mal's does not have the facility to send a return link to your website when a product is passed to a payment processor or COD or Cheque, you need as Debbie has said Opencart to do that.

Mar 31 2013 00:03:41

AliasAngel

Is OpenCart something that I would use along with Mal's, or would it be instead of? Could I still just insert buy buttons into my existing site?

Mar 31 2013 01:25:52

Debbie Q

OpenCart works along with Mals.

Debbie Q

Mal's Support: www.mals-e.com/support.php
    GT's Forms and examples: www.malsforms.com
    Helpful java scripts: www.gemasana.com/mals
    Shipping help documents: www.stoner.org.uk/mals

My Create-A-Book Publishing - mycreateabook.com
    Personalized Books, Music CDs and Gifts for all ages and occasions.

Please help me out and share my site on your networks.

Mar 31 2013 03:47:35

AliasAngel

Debbie Q said OpenCart works along with Mals.

Is there a tutorial or something with instructions for this? I looked at the OpenCart site, and I can't find any instructions other than for switching my entire site to using their templates, or for using their site template along with Mal's cart. I don't want to change my site; I just want to replace my Paypal buttons with something where I can have coupon codes and gift vouchers. But I'm not exactly sure what I'm supposed to be doing. Am I creating my product buy buttons through OpenCart or through Mal's? I'm not clear on how the two are supposed to work together to fit my needs.

1   |   2      »