Community Forums 

Main Content

Displayed Shipping Methods

May 16 2013 14:10:45

KathyMM

We are a drop ship business and our suppliers use different shipping methods so we offer USPS, UPS, and FedEX shipping calculators. With each shipping method, we offer:
    UPS Ground
    UPS 2nd Day
    FedEX Ground
    FedEX 2Day
    USPS First Class
    USPS Priority Mail

When a customer purchases a heavier item - for example a 37 lb fire pit...only the UPS Ground, UPS 2nd Day, FedEX Ground, and USPS Priority Mail appear as the available shipping method options in the Add Shipping page.

I would like the FedEX 2Day option to appear too.

I tested it by changing the zip code to another state (tried California and New York) and the FedEX 2Day option doesn't appear for those zip codes either.

I tested it by removing the UPS 2nd Day option - but then only the other 3 were listed (UPS Ground, FedEX Ground, and USPS Priority).

So then I tested the shopping cart with a heavier item (150 lbs) and UPS Ground, UPS 2nd Day and FedEX Ground were the choices on the Add Shipping page.

So then I changed the weight to 151 pounds and and FedEx 2Day finally appeared as an option.

According to MAL's - each zone can have up to 6 options for the customer to choose from.

Does anyone know why the FedEX 2Day doesn't appear for under 150 pounds and if there is a way that I can change it so that it will appear as one of the shipping options?

Thanks for any input...
    Kathy

May 16 2013 19:36:03

Alan

You cannot specify the FEDEX 2 day service in Advanced shipping. The FEDEX 2 day freight option is there. So neither price would appear up to 150lbs and only the freight option above that figure.

You'd have to ask Mal why specific services are or are not available in the drop down list for FEDEX.

Alan
    Some shipping help documents are available at www.stoner.org.uk/mals/

May 16 2013 20:31:04

KathyMM

Alan said You cannot specify the FEDEX 2 day service in Advanced shipping. The FEDEX 2 day freight option is there. So neither price would appear up to 150lbs and only the freight option above that figure.

You'd have to ask Mal why specific services are or are not available in the drop down list for FEDEX.

...You're right! Did this recently change? I was sure there was a FedEX 2Day option and a UPS 2nd Day option before - but neither are there now. Both are "Air". Guess I'll ask Mal why regular 2 day isn't an option.
    Thanks Alan.
    Kathy