Community Forums 

Main Content

Limit Discount to "Does Not Begin WIth"

Sep 28 2013 14:18:27

shactrack

Hello All,

I have tried to figure this out myself and tried all different kinds of ways to make this work for me....but I keep banging my head against the wall!!!

So I have 3 Addons that I have available in the shopping cart....They are optional shipping addons for insurance protection etc. I have assigned each of them a SKU so that when I run promotions with a coupon code I can disregard those three SKUs....just say they each begin with 49. So when I go to the Discount Coupons category and I've set up all the essentials (Name, Percentage Off, ETC) I get to the last section which is

"The discount is applied if the order contains a product with an SKU (scode)"....and the only four options are "is equal to", "is not equal to", "begins with", and "ends with".

For what I'm trying to do, I think I would need an option that is "does not begin with"....so that in my case above all the SKUs that begin with 49 are not given the discount. The closest choice that is available is "is not equal to"....This won't work because I need to exclude 3 DIFFERENT SKUS. I've even placed the !, *, and = every which way to make it work for "does not begin with".....and it still doesn't work when I try it. And Yes I Specifically want these items designated as ADDONS not within my shipping bands as these are Optional shipping options and my promos usually do not include discounts on shipping/shipping addons. But nevertheless, I think there should at least be an option for "does not begin with".

Soooooo.....what say you???
    Thanks in Advance!

Sep 28 2013 17:48:11

Alan

Is it feasible to add a prefix or suffix to all other SKUs?

Alan
    Some shipping help documents are available at www.stoner.org.uk/mals/

Sep 28 2013 18:12:11

shactrack

Alan I thought about that afterward....and that would work....only thing is that is a labor intensive task as I have over a 100 SKUs and thought there could be an easier way....but if that's the only way....I guess I'll have to go thru the grueling process to update each SKU. Thanks.

Sep 29 2013 07:40:07

GT

It should be a 5 second job if using a global find and replace.

Having trouble with a form or need one building?
    Fast turnaround, but I do charge :)

Mal's Forms / Scripts and the syntax are here.

Sep 29 2013 10:14:55

shactrack

GT....I'm not too sure of what you're speaking of....I don't know how to do a global find and replace...please elaborate. Thanks

Sep 29 2013 11:08:04

GT

Use Notepad / Wordpad or similar if your HTML program doesn't do a find/replace.

Locate the folder holding the pages you want to change in the program you're going to use. Ensure the program can read HTML pages.

Pick up the existing text, go to possibly edit / find and select find and replace, drop the copied text into the find box, enter the replacement text in the replace with box and hit enter.

If configured, the program will search through the directory and replace all instances for you.

Having trouble with a form or need one building?
    Fast turnaround, but I do charge :)

Mal's Forms / Scripts and the syntax are here.

Sep 29 2013 18:12:13

shactrack

Thanks....but I'm not THAT HTML savvy. I'm good with just the basics...but I'm clueless as to what you're speaking of at the moment....LOL! I decided to just give each of the 3 the same SKU....once one is chosen, the other two disappear as add ons ...but its ok bc they should only select 1 of the 3 add on options any way. Otherwise I would just end up doing the modifications manually. But it's all good...since this is a viable work around and fixes my problem. Thanks again!