Community Forums 

Main Content

Now Able to Set Coupon Expiration by DAY....but What About Time?

Sep 28 2013 14:28:20

shactrack

I just noticed a newer fantastic change that has been LONGGGGG overdue...you can now set an expiration DAY for your coupon as opposed to only by month and year. I was wondering if there was a way to cut a coupon off by my local time as well? If not...this would be great to have. The other great change is the option to add a coupon's value PLUS offer free shipping by checking the box next to it. ...I've noticed updates just kinda POP up....is there any where specifically we can periodically check besides the forums to be given a heads up of updates and/or make suggestions??? Thanks!

Sep 29 2013 04:11:16

Debbie Q

Mal has been pretty good about posting changes on his facebook account. https://www.facebook.com/malsecom

Debbie Q

Mal's Support: www.mals-e.com/support.php
    GT's Forms and examples: www.malsforms.com
    Helpful java scripts: www.gemasana.com/mals
    Shipping help documents: www.stoner.org.uk/mals

My Create-A-Book Publishing - mycreateabook.com
    Personalized Books, Music CDs and Gifts for all ages and occasions.

Please help me out and share my site on your networks.

Sep 29 2013 10:38:14

shactrack

Thanks Debbie....Still wondering if I can cut off a coupon code @ a specifically designated time....That would really help me!

Sep 29 2013 17:49:11

Debbie Q

I just delete the coupon in admin at the time I want it to end.

Debbie Q

Mal's Support: www.mals-e.com/support.php
    GT's Forms and examples: www.malsforms.com
    Helpful java scripts: www.gemasana.com/mals
    Shipping help documents: www.stoner.org.uk/mals

My Create-A-Book Publishing - mycreateabook.com
    Personalized Books, Music CDs and Gifts for all ages and occasions.

Please help me out and share my site on your networks.

Sep 29 2013 18:04:28

shactrack

I do too Debbie....I wonder if that is something Mal could possibly do...guess I'll just have to wait and find out...but at least having the day is a LOT more helpful!

Sep 29 2013 18:07:16

cassie75

The facebook page says midnight. Not sure if that is local to us or to Mal.

Probably too hard to make it a specific time because of different time zones.

Wouldn't trust it anyway and usually just remove it in admin or make the minimum order really massive if I don't want to lose the scode etc details.

Life is too short to work 8 hours a day - thats why I work 16 :-)

Sep 29 2013 18:17:58

shactrack

Cassie...yea...I do that too....so I can keep the coupon codes there to see which ones I've used before.....even with the midnight thing though...sometimes the time is STILL off....even though I've adjusted my cart to my local time under the discount coupons section that says:

Expires. The coupon expires at midnight UTC plus your local time offset. Click here to edit your local time...

It's all good though...I usually just cut it off manually...and if I forgot to shut the door and a few orders still get thru....I consider them lucky and then remember to cut it off.