Community Forums 

Main Content

Vouchers

Feb 24 2009 09:01:52

pcguy

I have never had vouchers work yet and expire when they should, can someone give me some tips please.

If I what a voucher to expire 31 march 2009

1. what code do I use

2. What do I send to the client to put in the voucher box.

thanks

Feb 24 2009 14:40:34

Debbie Q

In the voucher setup enter CMMYYNNNN in all capital letters as the Coupon Mask.

Give the client a number such as 103092468

the C or 1 is the number of the voucher in the table (1-5)
    the MM or 03 is the expiration month
    the YY or 09 is the expiration year
    the NNNN or 2468 are just arbitrary random numbers set between your min and max number. (some people use certain numbers to track the customers or promotions here)

Debbie Q

Mal's Support: www.mals-e.com/support.php
    GT's Forms and examples: www.malsforms.com
    Helpful java scripts: www.gemasana.com/mals
    Shipping help documents: www.stoner.org.uk/mals

My Create-A-Book Publishing - mycreateabook.com
    Personalized Books, Music CDs and Gifts for all ages and occasions.

Please help me out and share my site on your networks.

Feb 25 2009 04:30:46

pcguy

Thankyou Debbie,

as always much appreciated and to the point.

just a few other thing scan you have it expire say half way through the month or has it always got to be the end of a month

Do I need to set the min and max coupon number

how does the alias work? I presume I set the details as you posted and instead of sending the client that number I can send March_Specials or am I wrong in my think here.

Feb 25 2009 14:54:45

Debbie Q

You cannot set the number to expire half way through the month.

A min and max number has to be set. It can be a way to keep track of the sale or make a sale expire but the number doesn't have to mean anything. If you want a shorter code you can use less NNs and smaller min and max numbers. This does make it easier for people to figure out your voucher system tho and they could take advantage of that in the future.

You are correct about the alias. The way you make a voucher expire with an alias word is delete the word in the voucher setup when you want the sale to be over with.

Debbie Q

Mal's Support: www.mals-e.com/support.php
    GT's Forms and examples: www.malsforms.com
    Helpful java scripts: www.gemasana.com/mals
    Shipping help documents: www.stoner.org.uk/mals

My Create-A-Book Publishing - mycreateabook.com
    Personalized Books, Music CDs and Gifts for all ages and occasions.

Please help me out and share my site on your networks.

Mar 04 2009 12:20:25

pcguy

I tested a discount voucher with this code

it does absolutly nothing, nopopup box or anything to say it has expired. Is this correct or not. I presume the voucher has actually worked because the discount did not apply to the price which is good but it would be nice to be alerted the voucher is either expired or invalid.

Even though it has expired for the month of Feb if you just change the 02 to 03 you have a valid working code for the next month. I actually was on the impression the code would expire and would not be able to used for the next month by just change some numbers.

This is not good if you are away and can't get to it in time to remove it for the next month, customers can give themselves discounts at their leisure.

or Have I just entered the details incorrect. The mask I used was CMMYYNNNN

Mar 04 2009 13:31:28

anon

You've done it correctly. That is the way it works. The only thing you could do is make your mask less obvious by mixing up the codes and adding some noise characters. See https://www.mals-e.com/support/tpv.php?tp=20