Community Forums 

Main Content

Free ship over a limit conflicts with express ship

Nov 07 2013 10:58:09

Richie144

Hi,
    I'm using shipping option 7 and offer standard and express shipping. I also offer free standard shipping if the customer spends over $139. My problem is this... if someone wants express shipping and spends over $139 they get standard shipping for free. But they don't want free standard shipping. They want to pay for express. What can I do? Thank you! Richard

Nov 07 2013 11:16:10

GT

I assume that you've checked the box in option 7 "Automatically set units to equal the price (shipping by value)" and that you have two zones, standard and express.

If standard is set at a minus value to cancel out any shipping charge if the order value is in excess of 138.99, what values have you set in the express zone?

Having trouble with a form or need one building?
    Fast turnaround, but I do charge :)

Mal's Forms / Scripts and the syntax are here.

Nov 07 2013 11:37:23

Richie144

Hi GT,

I don't use shipping by value. I assign an arbitrary number of units to each piece of merchandise.

I assign a value at the top of the shipping calculations where it asks "You can make shipping free with orders of or more in value"

At the moment I only have two zones, standard and express. I would also like to add zones for other world regions but realize I have to rethink the whole "free shipping" over a certain value. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Nov 07 2013 12:02:04

GT

You need to remove "You can make shipping free with orders of or more in value" and have each zone dictate the free shipping.

You need to have the units value as the same as the price value, so if the units total comes to over 139, they get free shipping in the standard zone.

Then set up the charges for the express zone.

Having trouble with a form or need one building?
    Fast turnaround, but I do charge :)

Mal's Forms / Scripts and the syntax are here.

Nov 07 2013 12:11:38

Alan

If you specify 'free shipping over' in the heading, it applies to all zones.

As GT indicated, you can instead apply it to individual zones by setting the total charge to zero but only if using shipping by value.

Do you have a premium account? With Advanced shipping you can set 'free over' for each specification.

Alan
    Some shipping help documents are available at www.stoner.org.uk/mals/

Nov 07 2013 12:22:18

Richie144

Maybe it's time to go premium. Thanks for your input.