Community Forums 

Main Content

Delayed order notification

Nov 21 2013 15:28:09

KathyMM

Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing very slow order notifications? Typically the Paypal payment notification and Mal's order notification come into my inbox at the same time. Last night I noticed a couple order notifications that did not arrive, but the payment notifications did. I checked the backend and the orders were there - but highlighted in red. This morning the order notifications came in, but the time stamp is about 40 minutes later than the payment notification. It's still happening this morning so I'm wondering if it's a problem on my end or Mal's?
    Kathy

Nov 21 2013 15:54:54

Debbie Q

Sounds like a delay between PayPal and Mals. Nothing you can do about it. It happens sometimes.

Debbie Q

Mal's Support: www.mals-e.com/support.php
    GT's Forms and examples: www.malsforms.com
    Helpful java scripts: www.gemasana.com/mals
    Shipping help documents: www.stoner.org.uk/mals

My Create-A-Book Publishing - mycreateabook.com
    Personalized Books, Music CDs and Gifts for all ages and occasions.

Please help me out and share my site on your networks.

Nov 21 2013 16:06:25

KathyMM

Debbie Q said Sounds like a delay between PayPal and Mals. Nothing you can do about it. It happens sometimes.

Thanks Debbie - in the 5 years we've used Mal's we have never seen this happen so was a bit concerned.

Nov 23 2013 23:01:37

soxie

Having the same problem with no notifications from Mals. It has been 3 days since getting email from paypal. Two orders setting at Mals is marked in red with no payment issued. Wow someone should really fix this. I really want my online business to grow and this isn't helping it.

Nov 25 2013 20:56:51

stonecastle

My client launched a Premium Mal's cart last week. So far they are only receiving order notifications when the payment method chosen is 'money order'. When payments are processed by PayPal, there is no order notification received - not even a delayed one. PayPal orders are indicated in the orders list in red type with pay status 'unknown'.

Sure sounds like a communication breakdown between PayPal and Mal's. Hope Mal's can get it sorted out soon!

Nov 25 2013 22:17:46

Debbie Q

Did you get the notifications before? Perhaps you do not have the API call back setup correctly? Recheck all your settings. Maybe something changed. I think we would be hearing a lot more compaints if the issue was something cart wide. I am getting my notifications just fine.

Debbie Q

Mal's Support: www.mals-e.com/support.php
    GT's Forms and examples: www.malsforms.com
    Helpful java scripts: www.gemasana.com/mals
    Shipping help documents: www.stoner.org.uk/mals

My Create-A-Book Publishing - mycreateabook.com
    Personalized Books, Music CDs and Gifts for all ages and occasions.

Please help me out and share my site on your networks.

Nov 26 2013 00:45:45

stonecastle

Debbie Q said Perhaps you do not have the API call back setup correctly?.

Debbie Q. Thanks so much for your prompt reply to my post!

I assumed the API for order notifications was set by default, but now understand it is not.

With further search in the forum I found this helpful post where you provided step-by-step instructions:
    https://www.mals-e.com/viewtopic.php?id=25248&mid=25248&fid=2

I've implemented those steps on the account and think we're all set here now. Many thanks again!