Community Forums 

Main Content

Issuing Gift Vouchers

Dec 17 2013 20:28:40

JillJ

I did not see the "Issue Now" button for gift vouchers until today. If I issue it when it is purchased through my cart, does this just make it active and I still have to email the recipient with the information?

Dec 17 2013 22:27:27

Debbie Q

Yes. It only gives you a number for the voucher. You have to decide how you want to present it to the customer. I allow my customers to choose if they get a hard copy or get a PDF emailed to them. The certificate I give looks the same either way.

Debbie Q

Mal's Support: www.mals-e.com/support.php
    GT's Forms and examples: www.malsforms.com
    Helpful java scripts: www.gemasana.com/mals
    Shipping help documents: www.stoner.org.uk/mals

My Create-A-Book Publishing - mycreateabook.com
    Personalized Books, Music CDs and Gifts for all ages and occasions.

Please help me out and share my site on your networks.

Jan 07 2014 23:02:38

The Woodcarver

Okay, I feel really out of it on this one. I created a gift voucher today but I am not sure how to get it to the precipitant. Meaning you are you getting the information into your email. Are you using a form so that it is attached to the email such as a pdf? And if so what is the procedure you are using to get the message and the number to the form or to the body of the email. Thanks.

Jan 08 2014 00:18:05

Debbie Q

Like I said to Jill, Everyone does things differently when it comes to issuing gift vouchers and there is no right or wrong way to do it. You need to do what is best for you and your company.

I personally make a PDF that includes the gift voucher and number and instructions on how to use it. If the customer chooses the email version I email them this PDF and they can print it to give to the recipeient. If they choose the hard copy I print it and send it by mail to them.

Debbie Q

Mal's Support: www.mals-e.com/support.php
    GT's Forms and examples: www.malsforms.com
    Helpful java scripts: www.gemasana.com/mals
    Shipping help documents: www.stoner.org.uk/mals

My Create-A-Book Publishing - mycreateabook.com
    Personalized Books, Music CDs and Gifts for all ages and occasions.

Please help me out and share my site on your networks.