Community Forums 

Main Content

autoship

Feb 26 2014 15:53:28

Alive & Well

Does anyone know how to hoop up auto ship features for Mal's? Here's a site that has it implemented. http://shop.mercola.com/pages/ You can see it in action by putting an item in the cart and then telling it checkout. There's a drop down for how often the customer wants the order refilled.

Feb 26 2014 17:48:21

GT

The page doesn't exist...

We're Sorry, We Couldn't Find That Page.

The page you are looking for is currently not available. This could be caused by out-of-date links, a typing error, or moving, renaming, or deleting a file. We've been informed of this problem. If you need immediate assistance please contact our Customer Service Department at 877-985-2695 or report an issue by contacting us.

That shop uses PHP and a MySQL database to keep records, you need to replace your website with one like that, such as Opencart for it to work.

Having trouble with a form or need one building?
    Fast turnaround, but I do charge :)

Mal's Forms / Scripts and the syntax are here.

Feb 26 2014 17:58:42

Debbie Q

Mal's doesn't have the ability for reoccuring payments. This is something you would need to setup off Mals. You could ask for the info in mals and then maybe setup the billing through PayPal?

Debbie Q

Mal's Support: www.mals-e.com/support.php
    GT's Forms and examples: www.malsforms.com
    Helpful java scripts: www.gemasana.com/mals
    Shipping help documents: www.stoner.org.uk/mals

My Create-A-Book Publishing - mycreateabook.com
    Personalized Books, Music CDs and Gifts for all ages and occasions.

Please help me out and share my site on your networks.

Feb 26 2014 18:25:53

Alive & Well

Sorry GT when I copy and pasted the link it had the /pages still on it. should have been http://shop.mercola.com/ but you could still click on an item and test it out.

I do have my php panel and MYSQL. Coming really far since I started rebuilding the site but not enough to do that yet.

I guess I will eventually look into OpenCart like you keep recommending to me. When I first started rebuilding the site, Mal wasn't compatible with OpenCart. Then after you started helping me with stuff, it showed up in the Third Party Add-ons.

Debbie, I don't really need to do it through paypal, as I run the CC when I process the orders. That is the reason I have stayed with Mal's since I got large enough to buy my first credit card terminal years ago and now just process online through SagePay.

Realistically all I need is the proper php files to do it and I will be good to go then.

Thank you both for all your help!

Later Edit:

I emailed my web host and she was not aware of a way to do this. But further looking I found an option feature on each and every item that will allow me to do it! So once I tweak the php to place the drop down where I want it, I just have to paste the info into each item in the php panel. Voila!

And I just am reminded that redoing the site is going to drop me to the bottom of the search engines AGAIN. So I am not going to attempt yet another site makeover. Sorry GT but I can't afford to go through that again.