Community Forums 

Main Content

Cannot send Email V4.18

Mar 05 2009 03:33:45

Walter K Stevens

I just purchased Version 4.18 and discovered that I can't send email. I have my comcast.net email that I am using but it won't send. It appears to send but no one receives my email. Any suggestions?

Mar 06 2009 14:32:49

Walter K Stevens

More informatiion: Mal's 4.18 and maybe other versions will not send email via smtp.prodigy.net.

I had to use another email account (gmail) and it works fine. I discovered this in Version 3, however I thought it would be fixed in version 4.0. I hate using an account such as gmail for my business, however I do need the email feature on MOrders.

Mar 07 2009 10:52:08

Walter K Stevens

DECLARATION! MOrders will not send email with version 4.18. I'm surprised that no one else has this problem. I might be the only one who uses comcast email.

Mar 07 2009 14:31:45

anon

Have you emailed Mal about this?

Here is what I think is going on...A number of ISPs like Comcast block port 25 (smtp) to anything other than their own email servers to deter spammers. I think, regardless of what email address you enter, mOrders sends emails through a Mal's server. This way, the user doesn't have to define a number of email setup parameters, but it also causes the problem you are experiencing. If I'm correct, one alternative would be for Mal to have mOrders send email on an alternate port.

Mar 07 2009 17:55:23

Walter K Stevens

Anon, you are correct. Comcast did change their ports. I conversed with Mal regarding this when I was using an older version and was told that if I upgraded to the email client in 4.XX all would be good. Obviously it's not and I got the impression that it wasn't on Mal's list of things to do.

If I didn't like some of the other features of the paid version I would be looking for a refund. GMail is too much of a virus trap for me to use for business mail.

Thanks for confirming my suspicions.