Community Forums 

Main Content

PCI Compliance

Sep 15 2014 13:20:32

cassie75

This hasn't been discussed for a while on here but we all must be affected to some degree.
    Mal told me last year that the "deal" with McAfee is no longer valid and hadn't been for years. We had been using it up to a few months ago when they said the free option was no longer valid.
    We are now in the position of finding a new way to do it by mid November
    I really don't understand what we need or how to go about it - it has been a few years since we set it up originally.
    We really don't want to have to pay the bank to validate something the bank is asking for. Seems like a scam, but equally we don't want to be fined.
    Anyone have a free alternative? Or know which forms we have to fill out?
    We have a manual terminal (from Worldpay) which is not connected to the net but we obviously use a computer to print the card details from Mal's site. They are then shredded at the end of the day.
    We pass all the things we need to physically in the office.
    We were told we have to have our websites scanned but don't understand why when the cart is on Mal's website.
    Any help or links would be appreciated.

Life is too short to work 8 hours a day - thats why I work 16 :-)

Sep 16 2014 22:36:11

Don

Well I went through all this with Mcafee also who were being far to pedantic in their online scans.

However Worldpay are using Trustwave for their PCI compliance, it looks a bit daunting, but if you proceed with Trustwaves online scan procedure, where you will probably, like me, get a 100% pass. As Mal's is handling all the card details, you then need to speak to someone at Trustwave to confirm to them that is the case.

Once they accept your info, they will probably give you a PCI compliant certificate number, wait for it, at no cost !

DB

www.donbarrow.co.uk
    www.pacenotes.com
    Please either Share or Like my Facebook

Sep 18 2014 01:44:37

Alive & Well

We use Cornerstone, who processes through Sagepay, as our payment processor and they include PCI as part of what they do for us. There is a small once a year fee or they they take a smaller fee each month. I can't remember which it is. It's very affordable though and coming from me that says a LOT. You can see our validation on the site http://www.yahwehsaliveandwell. com

Take the space out before com. I intentionally put it there so I'm not inking to my site.

Sep 19 2014 08:30:06

cassie75

I am so glad we were not the only ones that had problem with McAfee finding so many bits :-)

Are you usuing Worldpay as a gateway?

We use Streamline which is now branded Worldpay but for manual payments.

We have to upload a certificate to Trustwave but they will charge me quite a bit IF my site needs scanning - which McAfee said it did. I can upload a certificate for free if from another supplier - which we used to do with the McAfee one.

Sep 19 2014 18:42:05

Don

Yes I do use Streamline.

DB

www.donbarrow.co.uk
    www.pacenotes.com

Sep 20 2014 12:50:47

cassie75

Don said Yes I do use Streamline.

DB

So how did you get Trustwave to give you it for free when they want to charge me?
    Do you accept manual payments?
    Does anyone else have a suggestion?

Sep 23 2014 18:47:23

Don

Yes I only accept manual payments.

I too thought I was probably going to be charged, however I submitted my application and it passed OK and because I was already with Streamline it simply sailed through.

DB

www.donbarrow.co.uk
    www.pacenotes.com

Sep 28 2014 11:06:22

cassie75

Do you have a phone number or which company/department you contacted? When i speak to anyone they say i have to pay.

Did you not have to pay to get your website scanned?

Sep 28 2014 17:00:07

Don

www.donbarrow.co.uk
    www.pacenotes.com

Oct 31 2014 12:58:55

cassie75

tried the link - searched the site - found no information on what the charges are. Asked via the site for someone to get back to me. Over a week later someone emailed and asked if i still needed help. gave him the details - he just said pay up or else $70. told him several times that I was in the UK but each time he came back still gave price in dollars. He was no help at all. He suggested going back to Streamline but they told me to go to Trustwave. round and round in circles and only a month to get it sorted. panicking now.
    Surely more than just Don and me have this issue? Anyone?

1   |   2      »