Community Forums 

Main Content

Iframe not showing Purchases

Mar 24 2015 16:55:13

Don

Today I have noticed that the Shopping Cart Iframe is inactive and not showing any purchases, however when you click View Basket the purchases are all showing.

This is happening on both my PC and Ipad.

http://www.donbarrow.co.uk/average_speed_tables.html

Anyone any ideas.

DB.

www.donbarrow.co.uk
    www.pacenotes.com
    Please either Share or Like my Facebook

Mar 24 2015 18:19:48

GT

As of last week, Mal has stopped using nocart, so no cart info is returned to the page.

Remove the nocart line from your form.

Having trouble with a form or need one building?
    Fast turnaround, but I do charge :)

Mal's Forms / Scripts and the syntax are here.

Mar 24 2015 18:48:07

Don

GT, thank you for the info, I don't recall being notified anywhere that 'no cart' was being dis-allowed.

So after removing the 'no cart' line the purchase goes direct to the 'Check Out' page - Which when using Version 2 becomes very messy indeed when several items are required.

is there any logic to this backward step.

DB.

www.donbarrow.co.uk
    www.pacenotes.com

Mar 25 2015 12:16:56

Geoff

Using the original cart version 1, "nocart" is working correctly as it always has. However with cart version 2 it seems to have only partial functionality not reloading the page with cart details.

Could be that it's another version 2 bug that needs fixing, or maybe it is incompatible with version 2.

Mar 25 2015 12:50:45

Don

Geoff, I agree.

This has only just happened because I have been using the V2 for several weeks and the 'No Cart' function worked perfectly OK with my 'Iframe'. So something has just been altered.

However it will only put buyers off using the cart because to add several items from different pages becomes a very tedious operation indeed and not very professional.

What do other folk think ? Or perhaps they have not yet discovered that their 'Iframe' has ceased to work - Is this GOOD or BAD - Your comments please.

DB.

www.donbarrow.co.uk
    www.pacenotes.com

Mar 25 2015 13:47:12

Geoff

Don, you could always switch back to Version 1, reinstate your minicart display and use nocart

Mar 25 2015 14:44:07

Don

Geoff, yes this is an option I am considering, I am currently re-instating the No Cart line in each Form and if I do switch to V1 I will also have to reload smaller Thumbs.

A complete nightmare.

I have just posted on Mal's Facebook page to assess other folk's thoughts.

DB.

www.donbarrow.co.uk
    www.pacenotes.com