Community Forums 

Main Content

Drop Ship Fees

Aug 16 2015 02:24:26

Alive & Well

I have a product line that requires a drop ship fee.

My question is how and where should I implement this drop ship fee so that it will be added to the order total and show up in the customer's order email notification?

Aug 16 2015 06:15:51

Alan

Often difficult.

Do you use one of the calculators - UPS etc? If not, what is your normal basis for charging - weight, value or ....? Is the drop ship fee affected by product type or quantity, or destination?

Alan
    Some shipping help documents are available at www.stoner.org.uk/mals/

Aug 17 2015 13:47:45

Alive & Well

Hi Alan,
    I use the external calculator @ auctioninc.com. My shipper I use is FedEx so that is the only option I offer as a selection. My shipper UPS which I don't have connected to the cart to keep confusion down to a minimum. Each item has a shipping weight attached to it. The drop ship fee is only applied each time I have my supplier ship an order to a destination other than my own. There is no limit to the order size.

Aug 17 2015 18:03:03

Alan

I assume that most products have weight values - units - that are non-zero and used in FEDEX calculations. The drop ship products will have zero units values. You could have two zones, drop ship or not, the former having a flat fee or percentage to be added to the FEDEX result.

You would have to indicate in the cart when the drop ship zone should be chosen but I don't see a way to force it.

Alan

Aug 18 2015 01:04:06

Alive & Well

Alan,
    This is why I love this forum. Your reply jogged my brain to see something I was missing before. I have to have shipping units on each item, so how can I do a UPS calculation using FEDEX? I can't, but combining both your response and mine...

Since the shipping calculator DOES allow for UPS calculations and I am not using them right now, I was able to implement a UPS ground calculation, add the drop ship fee and relabel it "Plum Flower Herbs Order". Now it works beautifully!

Thank you for your help and be abundantly blessed!

Aug 18 2015 06:42:48

Alan

I can't claim to understand all of that but if you're happy then so am I!

Alan