Community Forums 

Main Content

Different Ship to and Bill to address problem

Aug 26 2015 17:32:19

kerchmcc

Many of out customers buy products and have us drop ship them as gifts.
    Sometimes the separate shipping address gets passed thru appropriately to PayPal and sometimes it doesn't.

The Order form that comes from Mal's has all the information about the order including the right info about the where to ship

But the packing slip that comes from PayPal often shows the billing address or the shipping address, never both and often the wrong one.

Is this something that Ma;'s should look into? Or is this something to take up with PayPal?

Kerch McC
    SpecialtiesinWool.com

Aug 27 2015 19:28:00

kerchmcc

I figured this out and am posting here in case it might help someone else.
    It seems that the problem comes when someone gets to PayPal and does not appropriately set the ship to address and leaves their default ship to address in place. It's not an issue with Mal's but "pilot error," as my father used to say.

Kerch McC
    SpecialtiesinWool.com

Sep 01 2015 07:47:05

cassie75

You seem to be saying that, to you, the billing AND shipping address are very important.

Do you use version 1 or 2 (the new responsive cart)?

We have found that with version 2 there is only a shipping address and no billing address. According to Mal, that is how all the "big boys" do it and the billing address is not important. We did point out that anyone with a free mals cart would not be a "big boy", but he feels we should all emulate Amazon!

Well in theory there is supposed to be an option where you tick to say "billing address required" but what happens in the cart is a tiny tick box customers have to tick if they want to add a billing address. NO customer is going to see it or do it.

So if you need both - don't upgrade to version 2 or make sure you have a premium cart so you can (again in theory) change the template.

BTW - When you say your problem is caused by Pilot Error - is that Paypal causing the problem, you, or your customers?

Life is too short to work 8 hours a day - thats why I work 16 :-)