Community Forums 

Main Content

IMMEDIATE ATTENTION REQUIRED: PayPal service upgrades.

Sep 13 2015 15:56:39

Flaggfish

I wasn't able to complete a test to see the SSL Version when I tried a test sale. Is there a setting I may have skipped in the cart setup? The address on the page for adding name and address is still ww4.etc

Debbie Q said In case you are not following the other thread on the same issue.

Sep 11 2015 16:37:47#4
    sallyohioJoin date : 2009-08-03 Posts : 1

Mal's carts are already carrying the correct SSL version required by PayPal, which is SHA-256. Mal emailed me and said it will not affect the cart.

You can check the certificate by following a fake order from your cart to the screen where personal information is entered. the http: in your browser bar will change to shttp: to indicate a secure layer. There will also be a lock next to it. Click the lock to open the certificate and you will see that SHA-256 is in place. No worries.

www,hightimedesign.com
    www.folkandfiber.com

Sep 13 2015 20:22:49

farragio

Flaggfish, not sure what you mean when you say you weren't able to complete a test, but I had mentioned this on the other thread Debbie referenced and thought I'd put it here too in case it's pertaining to what you're talking about.

When I tried a test sale, I noticed the PayPal page wasn't SSL secure and when I looked into why, it said images can cause the page not to be secure.

I had an image URL saved on the Mal's Paypal Payment Processing setup page, in the "Your logo at PayPal" section, and when I deleted the image URL the PayPal page was then secure.

Handmade Accessories For People & Places
    www.farragio.com

Sep 13 2015 23:45:44

Evolving Door

Debbie Q said Mal's carts are already carrying the correct SSL version required by PayPal, which is SHA-256. Mal emailed me and said it will not affect the cart.

Thank you, Debbie Q, for checking on and confirming this. :-)

«      1   |   2