Community Forums 

Main Content

Advanced Shipping - Add Shipping Twice (2x)

Nov 05 2015 16:16:49

Marc Polish

Not sure why there is this extra step but if you go to www.justtoiletpaper.com and add an item to the cart, There is a dropdown with 3 zones and an "ADD SHIPPING" button to the right. Well once you select a zone and click "add shipping" it takes you to another screen with a radio button and the corresponding zone you've selected and the dollar amount and you have to click "ADD SHIPPING" again. This seems redundant. Is there a way around this second screen?

TIA!

Nov 06 2015 07:46:27

Alan

The extra step is there because a zone may have several options.

Looks as though you have three zones, each with one option, and
    I don't think you can improve if using the calculator support, such as USPS.

If you've specified the charges in tables you may save a click (3 instead of 4) by using one zone with three options and not checking any of the boxes in Links to zones.

Alan
    Some shipping help documents are available at www.stoner.org.uk/mals/

Nov 07 2015 09:51:55

Marc Polish

Thanks Alan!. Seems to be working. I have selected the radio button "based on the total sum of units posted in with your products" because for our custom product, I don't want any shipping costs added in because we have to manually do that after the order is ready for shipping because there are so many different weights for each order. Strange how only USA shows up as 0.00. The other two don't even show as a zero out option. Ideas?

Nov 10 2015 07:40:40

Alan

Can't answer your question definitively. I've an idea that when multiple options all are zero, only the first is shown, but that may have been in advanced shipping.

Looking at http://www.justtoiletpaper.com/fleursingle.html I noticed you had units and productpr separately. The productpr syntax includes the units value - see https://www.mals-e.com/tpv.php?tp=2.

Alan
    Some shipping help documents are available at www.stoner.org.uk/mals/