Community Forums 

Main Content

Database to track inventory and sync with QB Desktop version

Dec 30 2015 22:55:09

AngieHNB

I created my website in Dreamweaver using the mals-e cart. I've been very happy with it, except overselling of some product has started to become an issue. I'm getting advice to move to Shopify or BigCommerce, but I'd rather explore what can be done with my existing site so I can keep using mals-e. I believe there is a way to integrate a database somehow? I know just enough html and css to be dangerous, so I'm not sure if I could handle what would need to be done or if I'd be out of my depth. I'd also like to download sales into the desktop (manufacturing pro) version of quickbooks rather than quickbooks online. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Angie Cavaiuolo
    Handmade Natural Beauty
    www.naturalbeautysoaps.net

Jan 22 2016 20:11:11

AngieHNB

Can anyone offer any insight? Anyone successfully tracking inventory in some type of database connected to the mals cart?

Feb 01 2016 20:48:32

Margaret Scheperle

AngieHNB said Can anyone offer any insight? Anyone successfully tracking inventory in some type of database connected to the mals cart?

I use the low-tech option Mal has of QB Download Manager. It brings the orders from the cart down to a program where I do a bit of editing, changing gibberish item number to "Internet sale". Then I send them on into my desktop Quickbooks where I have to do yet a bit more editing to change "Internet sale" into the proper Quickbooks item. Takes effort but it works. What would we do without copy/paste. That's how I manage my inventory with Mals cart and Quickbooks.