Community Forums 

Main Content

No Customer Message on Invoice/Receipt

Jan 21 2016 06:29:30

Bacchus

In the area for defining the customer copy of the invoice / receipt we've entered "Thank you for your order" text that is supposed to show up at the top and at the footer of the invoice. HTML is checked, so they get a decent looking copy of the invoice but we have not entered any HTML of our own in the available box.
    Is there a solution for getting the header and footer text to appear?

Bacchus

Jan 21 2016 18:17:25

Debbie Q

Yes there is. By entering HTML code of your own. :) If you want a fancy looking email you have to edit the template.

Debbie Q

Mal's Support: www.mals-e.com/support.php
    GT's Forms and examples: www.malsforms.com
    Helpful java scripts: www.gemasana.com/mals
    Shipping help documents: www.stoner.org.uk/mals

My Create-A-Book Publishing - mycreateabook.com
    Personalized Books, Music CDs and Gifts for all ages and occasions.

Please help me out and share my site on your networks.

Jan 21 2016 18:41:54

Bacchus

Debbie Q said Yes there is. By entering HTML code of your own. :) If you want a fancy looking email you have to edit the template.

Is your meaning that if you check the box for HTML it turns off/disables the two text message boxes for upper part of innvoice and bottom/footer of invoice? Followed by needing to add HTML code? And if so, where in the invoice does the message show up?

Bacchus

Jan 21 2016 21:41:11

Debbie Q

Yes, That is what I mean. If you check the HTML box The cart will send the Standard template or whatever you put in the template box. You can download the cart's default template and you can use it as the the starting point for your own template if you want to add words, or a logo or things to it:
    http://www.mals-e.com/download/email_template.zip

Debbie Q

Jan 22 2016 06:58:15

Bacchus2

Debbie Q said Yes, That is what I mean. If you check the HTML box The cart will send the Standard template or whatever you put in the template box. You can download the cart's default template and you can use it as the the starting point for your own template if you want to add words, or a logo or things to it:
    http://www.mals-e.com/download/email_template.zip

Thank you Debbie Q for the advice. I've had a look at the underlying HTML code for the template. I'm guessing one needs to paste the actual HTML into that tiny Mal box. Correct? Using the same html formatting as the other lines, one could add/insert a Subtotal "subtotal" line also? Subtotal line does not show in the template. Adding a text line "Thank you for your order" is pretty clear, but adding images? Where would the images reside?
    Thanks again
    Michael

Bacchus2

Jan 22 2016 19:28:00

Debbie Q

Yes, You post the entire template code inside that little box. You would edit the template like you would any html web page. The images would need to be hosted on your server and you would need to use the full path for any URL or links.

The URL to the support page is here. https://www.mals-e.com/tpv.php?tp=34

Debbie Q

Jan 25 2016 06:28:36

Bacchus

Debbie Q said Yes, You post the entire template code inside that little box. You would edit the template like you would any html web page. The images would need to be hosted on your server and you would need to use the full path for any URL or links.

The URL to the support page is here. https://www.mals-e.com/tpv.php?tp=34

Debbie, Thank you for all your efforts to clarify how this works and give guidance.
    I must remark, in case you have some influence with the Wizard of Oz and the lines of information he provides on the detailed cart set up guides, for those like me who just want to add something like "thank you for your order" to the customer receipt - informing us up front that clicking the HTML version disables the 'add text' to header and footer, would be most welcome. The Shipping section guidance could be better informed.
    Thanks again your support in this!

Bacchus

Jan 25 2016 12:18:02

cassie75

Lots of the help files could be better, especially about new features.

Mal relies on regulars in the forum instead, but then the basic cart is free so perhaps you get what you pay for :-)

Life is too short to work 8 hours a day - thats why I work 16 :-)

Jan 26 2016 03:58:47

Bacchus

cassie75 said Lots of the help files could be better, especially about new features.

Mal relies on regulars in the forum instead, but then the basic cart is free so perhaps you get what you pay for :-)

Thank you Cassie for your thoughts. A couple of mine - why doesn't someone like Debbie or yourself that stay on top of the details here put together a serious Help file that correctly addresses the topics on Mal's e-commerce. You could charge for it, make it a subscription service with weekly or monthly updates? I suspect someone could make a nice income out of such a service.
    I'm not much of a fan of the idea, because it's free don't complain or go elsewhere. This shopping cart system is in many ways a high quality product, cannot fathom why the owner doesn't care to keep it updated. Internet businesses are in constant need of staying current. Shopping cart systems are no exception. I know from personal experience that anyone who works with it has put in a lot of their own hours making it work. So it isn't "free" and not that having a Premium account means much but it should be made to mean something even if the rates had to go up. Or pay someone, a subscription Help service, to make up what's lacking now.
    My two cents. :-)

Bacchus

Jan 26 2016 17:10:05

cassie75

Personally, I am only on here very occasionally, usually when I need an answer to something. I do not know enough, or have enough time, to do anything more than I already do.
    There are other (maybe better) shopping baskets around but I choose to stay with Mals because I am too lazy to look elsewhere, one of my carts has over 10,000 hand coded HTML pages so don't want to work hard changing them and don't wish to pay more for my carts :-)
    Mal obviously is working on the cart all the time or new features (like V2) would never happen. He also answers emails pretty quickly if you need help you can't get on here.
    We all help on here because we choose to, usually in return for getting help ourselves when we need it.
    Just my two pennies worth :-)

Life is too short to work 8 hours a day - thats why I work 16 :-)