Community Forums 

Main Content

e-mail notification of an order failed

May 20 2016 18:17:28

Bacchus

We did not receive an e-mail notification of an order. Only found out about the order because the customer e-mailed us separately sending an artwork file that referenced the order. Went into our Mal account and the order is there.
    We have two Premium accounts and this is the first time this has happened.

Bacchus

May 21 2016 02:42:33

Debbie Q

It happens occasionally. Sometimes PayPal makes a change and does not send the IPN notice that the payment has been made. Sometimes the ISP blacklists the notifications. It is a good idea to have duplicate emails setup to receive orders to double your chances that you get them and make a regular practice of checking admin to make sure you have gotten them all.

Debbie Q

Mal's Support: www.mals-e.com/support.php
    GT's Forms and examples: www.malsforms.com
    Helpful java scripts: www.gemasana.com/mals
    Shipping help documents: www.stoner.org.uk/mals

My Create-A-Book Publishing - mycreateabook.com
    Personalized Books, Music CDs and Gifts for all ages and occasions.

Please help me out and share my site on your networks.

May 21 2016 03:12:03

Bacchus

Debbie Q said It happens occasionally. Sometimes PayPal makes a change and does not send the IPN notice that the payment has been made. Sometimes the ISP blacklists the notifications. It is a good idea to have duplicate emails setup to receive orders to double your chances that you get them and make a regular practice of checking admin to make sure you have gotten them all.

Thank you for the advice Debbie. Had not noticed the option for extra e-mail addresses in the cart setup. Done! Question: when you say "the ISP blacklists...." which ISP are you referring to? Is the blacklisting a one time occurrence or endures? Where to go to try to remove the blacklisting?

Bacchus

May 21 2016 13:39:58

Debbie Q

I don't usually do anything and it usually gets sorted on it's own. I am not sure how. It could be anywhere up the line of the email process. I believe Mal takes care of the problem because he can see bounced mail on his end.

Debbie Q

Mal's Support: www.mals-e.com/support.php
    GT's Forms and examples: www.malsforms.com
    Helpful java scripts: www.gemasana.com/mals
    Shipping help documents: www.stoner.org.uk/mals

My Create-A-Book Publishing - mycreateabook.com
    Personalized Books, Music CDs and Gifts for all ages and occasions.

Please help me out and share my site on your networks.