Community Forums 

Main Content

Quantity defaults

Oct 06 2016 05:29:19

thekiteman

Hi, My quantity defaults are '1' and if a customer wants to change the quantity they need to input their number then press 'recalculate'.
    Is there a way that the quantity and price can recalculate simply by the customer pressing 'enter' as they leave that box?
    To me this seems the more logical action that a user would take.
    Alternatively, can I edit the page to add a line of text to tell users to press 'recalculate' if they change the quantity.
    thanks
    Chris

Oct 06 2016 08:13:36

GT

Not to my knowledge... Why not have the qty box enpty? Then the buyer can enter their own number on the web page?

Having trouble with a form or need one building?
    Fast turnaround, but I do charge :)

Mal's Forms / Scripts and the syntax are here.

Oct 06 2016 15:52:41

cassie75

Sorry to butt into this thread - we tried that GT when we first started and found customer not putting a number in then getting phone calls as to why they did not what they expected.
    Really depends on your customer knowledge levels.

thekiteman - do you mean in the shopping cart page or on your website?
    We have a box with "1" in which customers can change if they wish and then an "ADD TO BASKET" button they have to press on our site.

Life is too short to work 8 hours a day - thats why I work 16 :-)

Oct 06 2016 23:32:45

thekiteman

Our site is a 'one off', we don't get repeat customers therefore customer knowledge levels would be pretty low so I think a blank box would get us lots of orders for nothing.
    Cassie75, we have a 'buy me' button on the website that transfers straight to the cart page where the default qty is '1'.
    If there was some way I could simply add a line of text to say "Don't forget to press Recalculate if you've changed the qty', but I seem to have used up all of the available text sections. If there is no way to add a new text block, I can always edit one of the existing text blocks to add this phrase but it would be better as a stand alone phrase. Thanks Chris
    See an example at:- http://ww6.aitsafe.com/cf/add.cfm?userid=88157622&product=Dinosaur+Kite&price=29&return=www.lekite.com.au/singlestring.htm&units=1

Oct 07 2016 01:34:51

Debbie Q

Why not use a form to add your product to the cart so they can put a quantity while they are on your page?

Debbie Q

Mal's Support: www.mals-e.com/support.php
    GT's Forms and examples: www.malsforms.com
    Helpful java scripts: www.gemasana.com/mals
    Shipping help documents: www.stoner.org.uk/mals

My Create-A-Book Publishing - mycreateabook.com
    Personalized Books, Music CDs and Gifts for all ages and occasions.

Please help me out and share my site on your networks.

Oct 07 2016 02:57:29

thekiteman

Debbie Q said Why not use a form to add your product to the cart so they can put a quantity while they are on your page?

Ummm, nice idea. I'll investigate it. Thanks Chris