Community Forums 

Main Content

Moving to new host

Nov 08 2016 06:03:28

Drake

Debbie, thanks for the insight on what was happening! I removed the iframes and that solved the problems.

Geoff - thank you for the code. It helped me look at the problem a different way.

GT is your concern about ranking due to the subdomain, Wix as a platform, or something else?

Thanks again!

Nov 28 2016 07:41:46

Drake

Hi Geoff and Debbie -I have played with this for a while and had some success with it. I am now trying to figure out 2 related issues.

1) When clicking Add to Cart or View Cart, it opens to a new page. This is better than when it was opening in a little box on the same page. However, ideally, I would like the page to change to the cart rather than open a new page that is the cart. This is how it worked before on my old site before I switched to Wix. I was on Office 365 at that time and it was the same basic website builder type of set-up, but the code I used there isn't producing the same result in Wix. Any ideas? I realize that it is the _parent target that is causing the new window and am wondering if there is another solution to change the page to the cart without opening it as a small version on the same page.Here is the current code:

<form action="http://ww10.aitsafe.com/cf/add.cfm"; method="post" target="_parent"/>
    <input type="hidden" name="userid" value="123456789"/>
    <input name="return" type="hidden" value="http://www.lone9.wixsite.com/testsiter"/>;
    <INPUT TYPE="HIDDEN" NAME="product[]" VALUE="Product, 4oz."/>
    <INPUT TYPE="HIDDEN" NAME="discountpr" VALUE="100,4:0,4"/>
    <b> Product<br> 4oz. $8</b><br><br>
    Quantity: <input type="text" name="qty" value="1" size="2"/>
    <INPUT TYPE="hidden" NAME="units" VALUE="2"/>
    <input type="submit" name="Submit" value="Order Product" />
    </form>

2) After the new page is opened and I click Continue Shopping, I am slowly sent back to the correct page on my site, in the same new tab that has been created. In the address bar, ?tp=CONTINUE%2BSHOPPING is added to the end of the page url, which didn't happen on my old site. Then, if I try to click on adding another product or View Cart on that page or any page on my site, it no longer works. I have tried it with Append Cart Content Vars checked and unchecked and it doesn't affect it how it works, except instead of ?tp=CONTINUE%2BSHOPPING, it includes info about tax and shipping and other stuff.

I am sorry if this is confusing....I wanted to make sure you have all the info.

Thanks for taking the time.

Nov 28 2016 14:06:05

Geoff

The _parent target should open links in the window that created the iframe, however you could try the target _top instead. If the cart still opens in a new window or tab then it might be a WIX issue or setting override. Your previous post suggested that you had ditched the iframes with a satisfactory outcome. This in my opinion would be the optimal solution.

As to the second part of your question - ?tp=CONTINUE%2BSHOPPING appended to the return URL is simply because you are using the recommended GET request method. (See the continue shopping setup page). As for subsequently not being able to add further products or view cart, I have no idea. Maybe you could post the URL where the problem is.

Nov 29 2016 16:35:30

Drake

This helps, Geoff. Thanks! I think you are right on the limitations of Wix. I am doing more research on that.

«      1   |   2