Community Forums 

Main Content

Send e-mail in mOrders

Nov 25 2016 16:50:11

Francie Stull

Some people have indicated problems with sending emails to their customers quickly and easily with mOrders.

First, you must go to Preferences (under File tab) and put in the email address that you want the email sent from in the E-mail tab. The last tab of Proxy server also has to be filled out. Mine is francie@borzoi.com . When I made this email (I own the domain name) I made a password. If you have a gmail account, you will use your google password, etc. The server for me is mail.borzoi.com . Your email server can help you with this info.

mOrders offers 4 templates. They are pretty generic but are a good place to start. I want to send my customers a thank you note with their tracker number plugged in. Mine is in red so that they will take notice. This is what it looks like:

Hi Renee Fleeman,

We are pleased to let you know that your flea or tape worm products have been shipped by way of First Class Mail. Your tracker number is: . You can follow it by going to http://USPS.com but give it a day or two, since they are sometimes slow in updating the website.

Thank you for choosing FleaKillerPlus.com and have a great week!

Your order has now been dispatched to:

Renee Fleeman Order ID: 6230080

110 Quail Drive
    Lawrenceburg
    TN 38464
    United States
    Tel:

Quantity Product Price Amount
    1 Flea Killer PLUS for Small Dogs (12 orange) 21.99 21.99
    1 Flea Killer for Small Dogs (24 peach) 31.99 31.99

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Voucher - 0.00
    Discount - 0.00
    Shipping 2.95
    Tax 0.00

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TOTAL 56.93

This is what the html looks like:

<#Config subject="Your Flea Products Order has been shipped!">

<html>
    <head>
    <title>Your Flea Products Order has been shipped!</title>
    </head>

<body bgcolor="#FFFFFF">

<table width="100%" align="center">

<tr>
    <td>
    <p><font face="Arial" color="red"> Hi <#Invoice_name>, </p>

<p>We are pleased to let you know that your flea or tape worm products have been shipped by way of First Class Mail. Your tracker number is:</font> <#AdditionalMessage> <font face="Arial" color="red">. You can follow it by going to http://USPS.com but give it a day or two, since they are sometimes slow in updating the website. <BR><BR>

Thank you for choosing FleaKillerPlus.com and have a great week! </font></p>

</td>
    </tr>
    </table>
    <BR><BR>

<table width="95%" align="center">

<tr>
    <td>

<p><font face="Arial" size=2> Your order has now been dispatched to:</font></p>

<table width=100% border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="1">
    <tr><td width=50%><font face="Arial" size=2><#Ship_name></font></td><td><font face="Arial" size=2><b>Order ID: </b> <#ShopperID></font></td></tr>
    <tr><td colspan="2"><font face="Arial" size=2><#Ship_company></font></td></tr>
    <tr><td colspan="2"><font face="Arial" size=2><#Ship_address1></font></td></tr>
    <tr><td colspan="2"><font face="Arial" size=2><#Ship_address2></font></td></tr>
    <tr><td colspan="2"><font face="Arial" size=2><#Ship_state> <#Ship_zip></font></td></tr>
    <tr><td colspan="2"><font face="Arial" size=2><#Ship_country></font></td></tr>
    <tr><td colspan="2"><font face="Arial" size=2><b>Tel: </b><#Ship_tel></font></td></tr>
    <tr><td colspan="2">&nbsp;</td></tr>
    </table>

</td>
    </tr>

<tr>
    <td>

<table width=100% border=0 cellpadding=3 cellspacing=0>
    <tr>
    <td width=12% align=center bgcolor="#b0c4de"><font face="Arial" size=2 color=white><b>Quantity</b></font></td>
    <td width=56% bgcolor="#b0c4de"><font face="Arial" size=2 color=white><b>Product</b></font></td>
    <td width=16% align=right bgcolor="#b0c4de"><font face="Arial" size=2 color=white><b>Price</b></font></td>
    <td width=16% align=right bgcolor="#b0c4de"><font face="Arial" size=2 color=white><b>Amount</b></font></td>
    </tr>

<#Items>

<tr><td colspan="4"><hr size=1></td></tr>
    <tr>
    <td colspan=2></td>
    <td align=left><font face="Arial" size=2><b>Voucher</b></font></td>
    <td align=right><font face="Arial" size=2>- <#Voucher></font></td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td colspan=2></td>
    <td align=left><font face="Arial" size=2><b>Discount</b></font></td>
    <td align=right><font face="Arial" size=2>- <#Discount></font></td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td colspan=2></td>
    <td align=left><font face="Arial" size=2><b>Shipping</b></font></td>
    <td align=right><font face="Arial" size=2><#Shipping></font></td>
    </tr>

<tr>
    <td colspan=2></td>
    <td align=left><font face="Arial" size=2><b>Tax</b></font></td>
    <td align=right><font face="Arial" size=2><#Tax></font></td>
    </tr>

<tr><td colspan=4><hr size=1></td></tr>

<tr>
    <td colspan=2></td>
    <td align=left><font face="Arial" size=2><b>TOTAL</b></font></td>
    <td align=right><font face="Arial" size=2><#Total></font></td>
    </tr>
    </table>

</td>
    </tr>
    </table>

</body>
    </html>

I saved this as email_template_3.htm , replacing the template 3 that came with the program.
    In the box for the Additional message, I copy the tracker number. This automatically gets plugged into the mail and you push Send. It goes out automatically. I love it.

A glitch. The tracker number does not install instantly, and pushing Refresh is worthless. You must click to a different template and back to template 3 to make it take the right tracker number. Don't know how to fix this.

Another down side, there is no evidence or record that an email was sent, although you can note it under Extra Data or Notes. I simply don't set the order to Complete until I have sent the tracker number.

I hope this helps. It has saved me hours of sending tracker emails by hand.

Francie

Nov 25 2016 18:02:00

Debbie Q

Thank you for the nice tutorial. I am sure it will help someone who wants to use the system.

Debbie Q

Mal's Support: www.mals-e.com/support.php
    GT's Forms and examples: www.malsforms.com
    Helpful java scripts: www.gemasana.com/mals
    Shipping help documents: www.stoner.org.uk/mals

My Create-A-Book Publishing - mycreateabook.com
    Personalized Books, Music CDs and Gifts for all ages and occasions.

Please help me out and share my site on your networks.