Community Forums 

Main Content

Re:Moving to new host

Nov 28 2016 07:41:46

Drake

Hi Geoff and Debbie -I have played with this for a while and had some success with it. I am now trying to figure out 2 related issues.

1) When clicking Add to Cart or View Cart, it opens to a new page. This is better than when it was opening in a little box on the same page. However, ideally, I would like the page to change to the cart rather than open a new page that is the cart. This is how it worked before on my old site before I switched to Wix. I was on Office 365 at that time and it was the same basic website builder type of set-up, but the code I used there isn't producing the same result in Wix. Any ideas? I realize that it is the _parent target that is causing the new window and am wondering if there is another solution to change the page to the cart without opening it as a small version on the same page.Here is the current code:

<form action="http://ww10.aitsafe.com/cf/add.cfm"; method="post" target="_parent"/>
    <input type="hidden" name="userid" value="123456789"/>
    <input name="return" type="hidden" value="http://www.lone9.wixsite.com/testsiter"/>;
    <INPUT TYPE="HIDDEN" NAME="product[]" VALUE="Product, 4oz."/>
    <INPUT TYPE="HIDDEN" NAME="discountpr" VALUE="100,4:0,4"/>
    <b> Product<br> 4oz. $8</b><br><br>
    Quantity: <input type="text" name="qty" value="1" size="2"/>
    <INPUT TYPE="hidden" NAME="units" VALUE="2"/>
    <input type="submit" name="Submit" value="Order Product" />
    </form>

2) After the new page is opened and I click Continue Shopping, I am slowly sent back to the correct page on my site, in the same new tab that has been created. In the address bar, ?tp=CONTINUE%2BSHOPPING is added to the end of the page url, which didn't happen on my old site. Then, if I try to click on adding another product or View Cart on that page or any page on my site, it no longer works. I have tried it with Append Cart Content Vars checked and unchecked and it doesn't affect it how it works, except instead of ?tp=CONTINUE%2BSHOPPING, it includes info about tax and shipping and other stuff.

I am sorry if this is confusing....I wanted to make sure you have all the info.

Thanks for taking the time.