Community Forums 

Main Content

Customer Accounts Feature - Everyone please read!

Mar 02 2017 04:24:56

Analia H. Smith

Mals-e is an awesome cart that is easy to use and easy to implement.

However, Mals-e is missing a must have feature that 99% of other carts feature and is vital for conversion and customers... customer accounts. Currently there is NO way for customers to save their address, payment info, or look up their order history.

Please post your feedback and let Mal know we need and want customer accounts. I, and I think many others, would be more than willing to pay an extra free for this feature.

Please post your feedback and Mal please add this much needed feature. Mal is this something you can implement? Is there a particular reason this feature has not been added? I know there is a demand for this feature. This feature would take the cart to the next level.

Mar 02 2017 09:35:51

Don

Customers can save their address by ticking the box st checkout.

DB.

www.donbarrow.co.uk
    www.pacenotes.com
    Please either Share or Like my Facebook

Mar 02 2017 10:30:41

GT

If I remember sorrectly, Mal covered this some years ago and at the time the feeling was that it would cost a great deal of money not only to develop, but also storage of the data on his servers.

People here complain about the cost of a premium cart, to add server storage could double or even triple the premium cost, (this facilty would not be available to a free cart).

So, there would need to be another premium cart as not everyone needs the database, how many carts and would it be worthwhile creating? Mal thought not as I recall.

Having trouble with a form or need one building?
    Fast turnaround, but I do charge :)

Mal's Forms / Scripts and the syntax are here.

Mar 02 2017 21:25:29

Analia H. Smith

Don said Customers can save their address by ticking the box st checkout.

DB.

Please correct me if I am wrong but the saved information expires after 23 days making this feature nearly useless for repeat shoppers. Naturally, there is no way to amend, update, change the address info.

Again, unless I am mistaken, I wish Mal would extend the cookie expiration time.

Mar 02 2017 21:37:36

Analia H. Smith

GT said If I remember sorrectly, Mal covered this some years ago and at the time the feeling was that it would cost a great deal of money not only to develop, but also storage of the data on his servers.

People here complain about the cost of a premium cart, to add server storage could double or even triple the premium cost, (this facilty would not be available to a free cart).

So, there would need to be another premium cart as not everyone needs the database, how many carts and would it be worthwhile creating? Mal thought not as I recall.

I can appreciate and understand the potential hassle and difficulties.

That's why I suggest he charge more for the feature. Mal's has most of what we need but this stands out like a sore thumb. I'd be willing to bet many/most customers would sign-up for the feature.

I think the only hope we have of every seeing this feature is if we let Mal know it is important to both us and our customers.

Hopefully Mal will chime in and let us know if this is something he plans on adding or if its not going to happen.

You guys agree this would be a nice/needed feature? When's the last time you checked out online and couldn't save your address, payment info, or see your order history?

Mar 02 2017 23:06:33

Ian S

Mals cart has provided an order history feature for well over a year now - we use it al the time and customers can log in to see their current orders, plus any archived orders (more than 56 days old).

It works very well though I think it is only available to premium cart users.

I really can't see why anyone would have a problem with the cost of a premium cart though - it is so cheap at $24.00 for 3 months.

The downside of the processing system if you have lots of orders is that you cannot update or archive them in bulk, nor is there an auto archive facility - so you must manually archive an order before the 56 days is up or it's gone for good.

We've asked Mal in the past if an auto archive or bulk handling facility could be available but he was concerned at users storing huge amounts of data - but we would happily pay more for the cart if these tools were available as it would save us many hours a month in updating orders one by one.

Mar 02 2017 23:32:01

Analia H. Smith

Ian S said Mals cart has provided an order history feature for well over a year now - we use it al the time and customers can log in to see their current orders, plus any archived orders (more than 56 days old).

It works very well though I think it is only available to premium cart users.

I really can't see why anyone would have a problem with the cost of a premium cart though - it is so cheap at $24.00 for 3 months.

The downside of the processing system if you have lots of orders is that you cannot update or archive them in bulk, nor is there an auto archive facility - so you must manually archive an order before the 56 days is up or it's gone for good.

We've asked Mal in the past if an auto archive or bulk handling facility could be available but he was concerned at users storing huge amounts of data - but we would happily pay more for the cart if these tools were available as it would save us many hours a month in updating orders one by one.

Never heard of it. Please provide a live URL so I can see it in action.

Mar 03 2017 00:46:06

Ian S

Can't do that unless you place an order with us.

If you have a premium cart then if you go into 'cart settings' you will see a section titled 'order processing'

There are links to help files there. Here is one of them (not sure if this will work if you don't have premium)

https://c2382a69294769ab0007-9ec9582e2731f298f231c488300e1429.ssl.cf1.rackcdn.com/Order%20processing%20system.pdf

Mal doesn't seem to make much or no reference to this feature on his main website - not sure why as it's a great feature.

Your customers can log into to see past and current orders. You customise the number of progress steps you show your customers :

We use

Order in process
    Ready for dispatch
    Shipped
    Delayed - customer e mailed

You can use as many as 8 various stages

There is also a facility to e mail the various stages to your customer as you update the process stages, though we don't use this yet.

There should be other forum threads on this subject if you search 'order processing'

Mar 04 2017 19:25:36

Mal Stewart

Order proccessing is available to Free accounts, not just Premium.

It's actualy been there for a few years now, in fact it's not been updated to v2 yet, the responsive design, although that's high on my list to do, It could be extended to save people from entering their name and address, although obviously it would need a log in option in the checkout. However I think the idea of storing payment details is a security nightmare, it is very hard to stop people from using weak passwords.

I'm not sure how much customers actually want another password for another website to forget though! I can see saving a cart/order for later might be of interest to some.

Mal's E-commerce Ltd
    http://www.mals-e.com

Mar 04 2017 23:36:10

Brian R. Smith

Mal Stewart said Order proccessing is available to Free accounts, not just Premium.

It's actualy been there for a few years now, in fact it's not been updated to v2 yet, the responsive design, although that's high on my list to do, It could be extended to save people from entering their name and address, although obviously it would need a log in option in the checkout. However I think the idea of storing payment details is a security nightmare, it is very hard to stop people from using weak passwords.

I'm not sure how much customers actually want another password for another website to forget though! I can see saving a cart/order for later might be of interest to some.

Thank you for responding Mal.

How long does the "remember my info" checkbox retain customer info? Does the cookie really expire in 23 days? Is there a way extend the cookie time longer so our customers donít have to enter their info every time?

Regarding the current implementation of the customer order history page, yes, please update the page to be responsive ASAP! The feature is pretty much useless w/out being responsive as 40% - 60% of customers are using mobile devices these days.

<< However I think the idea of storing payment details is a security nightmare, it is very hard to stop people from using weak passwords.>>

I concur, however, every other cart on the market has dealt with this issue and managed to be successful. Perhaps you can start off by not saving payment info and instead have the log-in access address and order information? Would that work?

<< I'm not sure how much customers actually want another password for another website to forget though! I can see saving a cart/order for later might be of interest to some.>>

We used your cart 5 years ago for several years. Our number #1 customer complaint by far was not being able to save their address, payment, and order history information. Keep in mind this was 5 years ago so you can imagine how many complaints we would receive now. We loved using Mals but we were forced to find a cart that had this feature. If your company relies on any type of repeat business customer accounts are vital.

Ideally you would offer a guest checkout and a registration option for those that do not want to register. Our experience mirrors most sites in that most customer sign up for an account. In order to be effective and not kill conversion rates the customer DB and order history would need to seamlessly integrate with the cart. If the login/out is a separate portal (as it is now?) the feature is of limited value.

Again, Mal, I think you would be surprised at how many people would be willing to pay for this feature. Make it part of the premium option and raise the price or a separate option with a monthly fee. Your cart would appeal to a much larger audience if your cart had this feature.

So as to no belabor the point and beat around the bush... what is the likelihood you will implement this feature in say the next 3-6 months? At the very least can you make the customer portal responsive and part of the cart checkout so customers can access address info and order history? I assume you can change the look and feel of the portal to match you site?

Any info or ETAs would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

-Brian

1   |   2      »