Community Forums 

Main Content

Re:Customer Accounts Feature - Everyone please read!

Mar 04 2017 23:36:10

Brian R. Smith

Mal Stewart said Order proccessing is available to Free accounts, not just Premium.

It's actualy been there for a few years now, in fact it's not been updated to v2 yet, the responsive design, although that's high on my list to do, It could be extended to save people from entering their name and address, although obviously it would need a log in option in the checkout. However I think the idea of storing payment details is a security nightmare, it is very hard to stop people from using weak passwords.

I'm not sure how much customers actually want another password for another website to forget though! I can see saving a cart/order for later might be of interest to some.

Thank you for responding Mal.

How long does the "remember my info" checkbox retain customer info? Does the cookie really expire in 23 days? Is there a way extend the cookie time longer so our customers donít have to enter their info every time?

Regarding the current implementation of the customer order history page, yes, please update the page to be responsive ASAP! The feature is pretty much useless w/out being responsive as 40% - 60% of customers are using mobile devices these days.

<< However I think the idea of storing payment details is a security nightmare, it is very hard to stop people from using weak passwords.>>

I concur, however, every other cart on the market has dealt with this issue and managed to be successful. Perhaps you can start off by not saving payment info and instead have the log-in access address and order information? Would that work?

<< I'm not sure how much customers actually want another password for another website to forget though! I can see saving a cart/order for later might be of interest to some.>>

We used your cart 5 years ago for several years. Our number #1 customer complaint by far was not being able to save their address, payment, and order history information. Keep in mind this was 5 years ago so you can imagine how many complaints we would receive now. We loved using Mals but we were forced to find a cart that had this feature. If your company relies on any type of repeat business customer accounts are vital.

Ideally you would offer a guest checkout and a registration option for those that do not want to register. Our experience mirrors most sites in that most customer sign up for an account. In order to be effective and not kill conversion rates the customer DB and order history would need to seamlessly integrate with the cart. If the login/out is a separate portal (as it is now?) the feature is of limited value.

Again, Mal, I think you would be surprised at how many people would be willing to pay for this feature. Make it part of the premium option and raise the price or a separate option with a monthly fee. Your cart would appeal to a much larger audience if your cart had this feature.

So as to no belabor the point and beat around the bush... what is the likelihood you will implement this feature in say the next 3-6 months? At the very least can you make the customer portal responsive and part of the cart checkout so customers can access address info and order history? I assume you can change the look and feel of the portal to match you site?

Any info or ETAs would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

-Brian