Community Forums 

Main Content

Downloads - link back to website not available

Mar 13 2017 01:06:05

annieb

I've had my cart set up for a number of years selling a few digital documents and just recently I've been getting PayPal confirmations from customers purchases but no Mal's notifications.

Worse still, at the end of the order, there doesn't appear to be an obvious way back for the customer to return to my website in the PayPal system. Therefore, the customer doesn't get a link to their download or an email receipt and I don't get a Mal's confirmation either. I'm using PayPal Standard.

Has anyone else encountered this issue and, if so, how did you fix it?

Mar 14 2017 07:25:51

MsMom

In Paypal, do you have the return url in place (assuming business Paypal)? in My Selling tools; Web Site Preferences

Sherri Owen
    Making Mal's Even Simpler
    http://merchantmoms.com

Mar 16 2017 23:33:12

annieb

MsMom said In Paypal, do you have the return url in place (assuming business Paypal)? in My Selling tools; Web Site Preferences

Apologies for the delay in replying. I don't think my PayPal account is a Business account because it has a link to upgrade if I want to. However, I do have seller tools. It was some time ago I created the account and it was the one between a personal account and a business account.

I do have a URL in the Return URL box and Auto Return is ON. I have also specified return links at the Mal's end in the Products for download section. The Mal's links take the form..
    <a href="http://www.domain.org.uk/pagesdyblahblah/more-random-characters.html">Go to Download Page</a>

It used to work but I think things look different at the PayPal end now. When I did a test purchase, I noticed there was a link that you had 10 seconds to click (or something like that). Is this what is catching customers out? Would clicking on that link bring them back to my site and the download link page?

Mar 19 2017 14:41:32

annieb

I really need to work out what's happening as none of my customer's are getting redirected to the download link and the notifications aren't coming through either.