Community Forums 

Main Content

UK Shipping prices based on products shipped from an EU cuntry

Mar 13 2017 22:50:34

Don

I run my online store from the UK using advanced shipping, UK, EU, EUR & ROW and I have just started to sell other products on a 'drop ship' basis which are shipped direct from the other EU country.

Is it possible to set up the shipping rates for these products which are shipped direct to my customers in UK, EU, EUR & ROW from the EU country factory. Otherwise using my UK shipping rates the charges would be much too high.

Any help greatly appreciated.

DB.

www.donbarrow.co.uk
    www.pacenotes.com
    Please either Share or Like my Facebook

Mar 14 2017 09:06:33

Alan

Nothing obvious, Don. Will you have mixed orders of regular and drop ship products?

Alan
    Some shipping help documents are available at www.stoner.org.uk/mals/

Mar 14 2017 11:14:31

Don

Alan said Nothing obvious, Don. Will you have mixed orders of regular and drop ship products?

Alan, thanks for taking an interest, there may well be mixed orders, one cannot tell.

I was wondering whether to set up more shipping Zones specifically for the EU products with a suitable message relating to their use.

DB.

www.donbarrow.co.uk
    www.pacenotes.com

Mar 15 2017 08:19:51

Alan

I assume a drop ship product would cost more to ship to the UK than a similar weight UK product. And an order with one of each would have two shipping charges.

So the ideal solution would probably involve two sets of shipping charges and no mixed orders.

Or a user exit.

Alan
    Some shipping help documents are available at www.stoner.org.uk/mals/

Mar 15 2017 09:15:59

Don

Alan, my thoughts as well, I was hoping there may have been an easier solution.

Thanks.

DB.

www.donbarrow.co.uk
    www.pacenotes.com