Community Forums 

Main Content

Discount Vouchers not expiring at midnight local time

May 18 2017 06:10:47

frustrated

I wanted to have discount vouchers that expired at midnight local time. The system here is showing the correct time using my offset of -5.

I set up a whole series of Discount vouchers and tested one which was set to expire on 18 May 2017. I went to my shopping cart at 00:05 May 18th local time and the code still worked. Should this code not of expired?

I foolishly changed the date fro 18 May 2017 to 19 May 2017 and did a test and the voucher still worked. I can not perform further tests to see when in fact these codes expire if at all since I can not change the expiration date of this test voucher to 18 May 2017 as the system replaces it with blanks aka non expiring!

May 18 2017 11:39:23

Debbie Q

Email Mal and ask him and please report back his answer. (He rarely checks the forum) I wondered this myself.

Debbie Q

Mal's Support: www.mals-e.com/support.php
    GT's Forms and examples: www.malsforms.com
    Helpful java scripts: www.gemasana.com/mals
    Shipping help documents: www.stoner.org.uk/mals

My Create-A-Book Publishing - mycreateabook.com
    Personalized Books, Music CDs and Gifts for all ages and occasions.

Please help me out and share my site on your networks.

May 18 2017 14:18:46

frustrated

Debbie Q said Email Mal and ask him and please report back his answer. (He rarely checks the forum) I wondered this myself.

Will do. I even changed the offset on the system here to +12 from the correct -5 so that the date is May 19th rather than the correct May 18th and the darn discount voucher still works even though it suppose to expire May 19th.

May 19 2017 01:23:06

frustrated

Got a reply from Mal saying

"a coupon set to expire on the 18th May won't expire until the date rolls over to 19th May"

whether that is when May 19th arrives at GMT or local time is unclear.

There seems to be a bug in the Discount Vouchers configuration screen. During the day of May 18th around 7PM GMT or 2PM CDT here in Canada, I tried to change an existing Voucher whose expiration date was that of May 19th (aka it would expire once it reaches May 20th either GMT or local time) to expire on May 18th (aka once it reaches May 19th GMT or local time). The system instead blanked out the date after I saved it. So it changed it to a non expiring Discount Voucher.

I am awaiting further clarification on both of these issues.

May 20 2017 05:21:37

frustrated

After further testing the Discount vouchers expire the day following the expiration date shown in Discount Vouchers table. It appears that they may expire at about 5 minutes after midnight you local time so make sure the time offset is set properly for your account.

Mal indicated that he will check into why one can not set up a discount voucher to expire at midnight of the current day.

May 22 2017 01:08:40

Debbie Q

Thank you for reporting back your discoveries. I hope Mal fixes it.

Debbie Q

Mal's Support: www.mals-e.com/support.php
    GT's Forms and examples: www.malsforms.com
    Helpful java scripts: www.gemasana.com/mals
    Shipping help documents: www.stoner.org.uk/mals

My Create-A-Book Publishing - mycreateabook.com
    Personalized Books, Music CDs and Gifts for all ages and occasions.

Please help me out and share my site on your networks.