Community Forums 

Main Content

Adding optional prices to main item

Jun 24 2017 22:58:22

kriswoj

I know this topic has been covered before, but I'm not clued up enough with javascript to understand the answer.

My website purchase page is here:
    http://skyswitches.com/index.asp?q=buy

the first three items I'm selling on there have optional features which can cost more. At the moment I've got it set using the cart simply, the optional features appear as additional items in the cart. I'm ok with this, but it would be nicer if they would appear under their parent item and their extra price added to the item price.

I know that there is a script on this page http://www.malsforms.com/all-products-in-one-list.html# that is meant to do just that, but I don't understand enough to know what I need to parse out of that page.

All the js on my current page has been lifted from tutorials on stackoverflow etc.

So if someone is willing and able to assist me on how to do this, that would be very much appreciated!!

Thanks.

Jun 25 2017 17:27:21

GT

I sse that I can order 10 Panasonic 4 pole 2.5mm Right angle switch, yet only choose one colour, what if I want to order 5 different colours (2 for each switch)?

The qty of the main product should equal the number of colours chosen, this may lead to you having to phone the customer to clarify the order and to charge them more.

A script to do what you want shouldn't take long for me to build.

By the way, I'd run your website through a spell checker... Check out our Products apge for more details

Having trouble with a form or need one building?
    Fast turnaround, but I do charge :)

Mal's Forms / Scripts and the syntax are here.

Jun 25 2017 21:29:40

kriswoj

GT said I sse that I can order 10 Panasonic 4 pole 2.5mm Right angle switch, yet only choose one colour, what if I want to order 5 different colours (2 for each switch)?

The qty of the main product should equal the number of colours chosen, this may lead to you having to phone the customer to clarify the order and to charge them more.

A script to do what you want shouldn't take long for me to build.

By the way, I'd run your website through a spell checker... Check out our Products apge for more details

Spelling fixed... at least what I could find!

At this time you can only add, at most, one of each item to your cart in one go, then adjust quantity from the cart page if you want more than one of a particular item. If you wanted more than one, but a different colour for each, then you'd have to select "continue shopping" and then add the different colour. I'm ok with that at the moment, as it isn't often I get orders for more than one of a particular item. But I do see how what you are saying could be simpler for the buyer. I'm not sure how you go about making it so you can choose more than one option from teh drop down menu though... I can pretty much follow everything that I've done to get it where it is, but I'm guessing to do the multi-options and then set the quantity to the number of colours chosen would likely involve some js. Im' not sure if that'll start making it more complicated than I'd like? Fortunately I've not had any issues at all with the checkout process, so far.

but if you are able to assist with the script that would be awesome and very much appreciated!

Thank you.

Jun 26 2017 04:33:14

GT

See my home page http://www.malsforms.com/

I reckon 50 should build a complete easy script.

Having trouble with a form or need one building?
    Fast turnaround, but I do charge :)

Mal's Forms / Scripts and the syntax are here.